JTS PzB Kursk Released

Started by Compass Rose, February 28, 2014, 11:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Quote from: jomni on March 02, 2014, 09:18:39 PM
Quote from: Al on March 02, 2014, 09:13:14 PM
I heard back from JTSC - there's no longer an activation limit.

So is it now online or offline?
Online on install
Alba gu' brath

MengJiao

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 28, 2014, 03:27:34 PM
Tempted by this...but I'm just not sure. It looks pretty huge

There are some huge scenarios (a whole Panzer Korps...pretty huge).  The biggest I've been playing is division-size and that seems plenty big enough.

SgtRock

Are the 2D counters and buttons any larger than the Panzer Campaign games? Do the graphics scale with different monitor resolutions?

DicedT

Anybody up for a PBEM of Panzer Battles?

reapagan

DicedT,

I'll give you a go, still learning the system though so I can't guarantee a real challenge.

Mike

send me a private message with your email

ComradeP

SgtRock: it looks fine on my 24" widescreen monitor. The buttons are the same size, but I find them to be big enough. The counters are the same size as in PzC on maximum zoom, but they're "smoother" and easier to identify.

Lots of NATO counters can make the map look a bit too functional and cold in my opinion, so I'm very happy that they've included counters with the unit type's graphical depiction on it (the one which would normally be in the sidebar) either as a frontal view (like in the sidebar) or top down.

A comparison between the looks of the Gertsovka scenario in PB: Kursk South and the city of Kalinin in Moscow '42 (with map mod and formation colour identification on the counters), both at maximum 2D zoom.

A cynic might say that Tiller's graphics have finally moved on from the '90's.

The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Rekim

I really dig the way the counter graphics combine the NATO symbols with an image. Think I'll have to break down and give this one a try.

JudgeDredd

I really like the graphical style and this is one of the very few games where I would choose graphical icons over NATO icons.

And it plays great. Turn based has always struck me as a tad unfair, but op-fire helps kind of reduce the benefit of turn based
Alba gu' brath

jnpoint

I really like this game, especially the shorter scenarios. First I thought that the graphics could be a problem that would ruin the joy of playing, but it works fine for a game like this, in fact I like the graphics, it's quite funny I think.

But I miss a + zoom level. I think the icons are too small sometimes, but maybe it's only me.

jomni

The older titles are funnier.  Especially Squad Battles.  The faces still look like this even today.

ComradeP

The unit graphics are based on historical photographs or models in PB Kursk, according to the developers.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Ubercat

Does anyone know how "Internet Live Play" (from the Product page) works? Does JTS have a game server?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Richie61

I have been messing with a PanzerBlitz graphic update for Panzer Battles.

I did tabs for carrying and transporting too. Plus I made a wreak counter and changed the counter to a board like
style and modified the colors  :)

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

SgtRock

How different is gameplay vs Panzer Campaigns titles?

Bison

I like your wrecked counters.