Matrix 2020 Holiday Sale

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 24, 2020, 06:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Thought the sale always started on the black Friday. I might pick up some Gladius DLC, or maybe Piercing Fortress Europe. Been looking at Fortress Europe for years.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: -budd- on November 25, 2020, 08:16:06 PM
Thought the sale always started on the black Friday. I might pick up some Gladius DLC, or maybe Piercing Fortress Europe. Been looking at Fortress Europe for years.

Nope, last year as an example started on Nov. 26th, which was actually 2 days before Thanksgiving. 

Boggit

Quote from: WYBaugh on November 25, 2020, 05:50:09 PM
I should probably know this but would you guys recommend BG Deadlock or Gladius?
The BSG collection is great if you're into tactical ship content and the BSG lore.

Gladius is a fun game, but can get a bit repetitive after a while. There is however a fair bit of choice amongst the factions (plus their DLC).
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Yskonyn

If only Distant Worlds 2 was available for pre-order. I still got an anniversary coupon ready .
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Redwolf

Interesting that they have Combat Mission: Shock Force 2 on sale.

BFC (the developer) was always vehemently opposed to participating in Steam-like game sales. Quite a bit of a change combined with being on Steam in the first place. I hope good things come from this.

Lotti Fuehrscheim

Yeay, and here is 31% anniversary coupon to combine with the Holiday Sale. And the energy company returned €600 because my landlord installed a new high-efficiency boiler for a €20/month increase in rent. I was anxious for this year-end bill to learn if this was a good deal, but that seems to be OK. So there is a huge psychological budget. Should I pick up CMO?

Tripoli

Quote from: Lotti Fuehrscheim on November 26, 2020, 02:52:51 PM
Should I pick up CMO?

Yes.  It is a deep game.  Good sized learning curve.  But it is excellent.  How many other games released in 2013 are still going strong?
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Elvis

Quote from: Redwolf on November 26, 2020, 12:57:29 PM

BFC (the developer) was always vehemently opposed to participating in Steam-like game sales. Quite a bit of a change combined with being on Steam in the first place. I hope good things come from this.

When we first released Shock Force 2 on Steam we mirrored the discounted price on the Battlefront website. We've done the same now (and actually will every time there is a Matrix and Steam sale).

Also, if the game is purchased through Matrix (or Battlefront) it gives you Steam access as well.  If it continues to prove worthwhile we expect other Combat Mission titles to become available on Steam.

Redwolf

Quote from: Elvis on November 26, 2020, 03:08:24 PM

When we first released Shock Force 2 on Steam we mirrored the discounted price on the Battlefront website. We've done the same now (and actually will every time there is a Matrix and Steam sale).

Also, if the game is purchased through Matrix (or Battlefront) it gives you Steam access as well.  If it continues to prove worthwhile we expect other Combat Mission titles to become available on Steam.

Sounds good to me. A real A/B test of the two pricing styles. Best of luck.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

I'm looking very closely at War Plan Orange and Empires in Arms. 

I've been wanting WPO for absolute donkeys; I think it's time to pull the trigger.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

I took a quick browse in the EiA forum and it's hard to determine how the game plays single player right now.  It looks like it's being heavily updated.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Skoop

Quote from: Redwolf on November 26, 2020, 03:13:05 PM
Quote from: Elvis on November 26, 2020, 03:08:24 PM

Sounds good to me. A real A/B test of the two pricing styles. Best of luck.

So the BF site discount for former owners of SF1 is the same as the discount offered on steam sale for SF2 ?