Matrix 2020 Holiday Sale

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 24, 2020, 06:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Isn't tomorrow the usual start of the Matrix holiday sale, I think they typically begin the day before Thanksgiving?

I hate to admit it but even if they have a sale, there really isn't a single thing I want as in past sales I pretty much picked up everything I wanted.  Oh well, another tradition down the drain.....

W8taminute

Don't give up hope.  You never know what your eye my catch if the price is right.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

berto

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 24, 2020, 06:32:54 PM
Isn't tomorrow the usual start of the Matrix holiday sale, I think they typically begin the day before Thanksgiving?
Yes, Thanksgiving Eve, IIRC.

QuoteI hate to admit it but even if they have a sale, there really isn't a single thing I want as in past sales I pretty much picked up everything I wanted.
+1

If I am honest, I confess I will likely cave in and pick up a title or two or three.  If I am brutally honest, I must admit that I will likely never take time to learn or play them.  So what's the point?  :P
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

airboy

Order of Battle is very good (except Kriegsmarine).

Stirring Abyss is new and I liked it quite a bit.

FarAway Sooner

It's easy for me to remember when the Matrix Holiday Sale starts, because it is invariably 1-6 days AFTER my Anniversary Discount coupon expires!   ;D

Ah well, I had a good excuse to pick up Shadow Empire.  It's like Distant Worlds Universe meets Gamma World!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on November 25, 2020, 11:12:52 AM
It's easy for me to remember when the Matrix Holiday Sale starts, because it is invariably 1-6 days AFTER my Anniversary Discount coupon expires!   ;D

Ah well, I had a good excuse to pick up Shadow Empire.  It's like Distant Worlds Universe meets Gamma World!

Yep, mine expired 8 days ago.....

Lotti Fuehrscheim

Mine overlap, so I will buy some modules for Gladius, Galactica and Fantasy General.

Pete Dero

No Matrix sale but Steam sale just started.

Order of Battle DLC is 60% off.  (and most Matrix/Slitherine games are also on sale : Fantasy General -40% - Gladius -65% - ...).

Of course many other non-Matrix games are also included in the fall sale.

Dammit Carl!

Can say, matter-of-factly, that there is absolutely nothing I want from Matrix at this point in time.  I'm good.

(but, I've not looked at the Matrix site in a bit...so just one look won't hurt...right?)

Gusington

8)

Fantasy General 2 is on sale, you say?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

WYBaugh

I should probably know this but would you guys recommend BG Deadlock or Gladius?

Grim.Reaper

Kind of strange that there is no sale today or really any talk of one...maybe they are skipping it this year....

Father Ted

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on November 25, 2020, 03:06:01 PM
Can say, matter-of-factly, that there is absolutely nothing I want from Matrix at this point in time.  I'm good.

This where I'm at.  I keep looking through the catalogue, but there is nothing I don't have, or that has been championed on these boards as something I *should* have.

Lotti Fuehrscheim

Quote from: WYBaugh on November 25, 2020, 05:50:09 PM
I should probably know this but would you guys recommend BG Deadlock or Gladius?

I have had 27 hours of fun with Gladius and only 7 hours with Galactica.

I have tried watching the current Galactica TV shows, but I rather read 1950's pulp SF, instead of what they made of it there.
The mechanics of BGD space combat are dimensionally absurd, but still interesting challenges, I guess.

WYBaugh

Quote from: Lotti Fuehrscheim on November 25, 2020, 06:22:53 PM
Quote from: WYBaugh on November 25, 2020, 05:50:09 PM

I have had 27 hours of fun with Gladius and only 7 hours with Galactica.

I have tried watching the current Galactica TV shows, but I rather read 1950's pulp SF, instead of what they made of it there.
The mechanics of BGD space combat are dimensionally absurd, but still interesting challenges, I guess.

Thank you for the feedback.  BGD has great reviews but I have to agree with you that I was questioning the combat from watching videos.