Main Menu

Final Theory

Started by solops, November 22, 2022, 09:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

I just bought a game on Steam called "Final Theory". It is billed as a light space combat game and the ad reminds me of a couple of games I liked. Now that I have spent my money (at a great discount!) I have to ask: has anyone here played it?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

W8taminute

I've heard of this game before and watched a couple of YT let's plays.  I remember I was interested at the time but ultimately ended up not buying.  Now I see it is on sale for a very attractive price. 

Well looks like I might pick this up.  Wishlisted until I decide to pull the trigger.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bobarossa

Looks interesting.  Reminds me of Moo2's combat.  Only $3 so not much risk! 

Anguille

I have it but didn't have time to play it much yet. It's on my todo list.

Pete Dero

Just checked : I have it but didn't know I had it  :idiot2:.

Gusington

^You are definitely one of us now  ;D

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I picked it up.  It's quite fun actually.  Not too thought demanding but deep enough with some minor complexity to make it interesting.  Tactical battles are fun.  Each ship class has a different kit which means your options very thought provoking. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

FarAway Sooner

Definitely an enjoyable beer and pretzels kind of 4x game.  I'm not sure what the replay value is, but it blends together some fairly simple game mechanics in a fashion that's pretty enjoyably complicated.