Author Topic: SpaceX  (Read 22939 times)

Offline SirAndrewD

• Man-at-Arms
Re: SpaceX
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2020, 03:45:06 PM »
NASA's CGI skills are very impressive. 

Offline Staggerwing

• Blunderbuster
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2020, 08:03:56 PM »
They have an in with the Disney Industrial Complex.
Vituđ ér enn - eđa hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Offline Con

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #152 on: May 31, 2020, 12:16:24 AM »
Say what you will about Elon Musk being an ego maniac loony and terrible person - he has built something amazing with spaceX.  Watching it lift off and the booster return - the technology and engineering just amazes.

Offline Pete Dero

• Condottieri
« Reply #153 on: May 31, 2020, 06:10:54 AM »
Coupling ISS and Dragon can be watched live right now.

Docking is scheduled to occur at 10:30 a.m. EDT (14:30 GMT).
The vehicle's hatch will open around 12:45 p.m. EDT (16:45 GMT).

Offline steve58

• Condottieri
« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2020, 08:17:03 AM »
Docked!  Very cool seeing it live.

Well "soft capture" anyway.  Guess a step or two more for complete docking.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 08:19:08 AM by steve58 »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline steve58

• Condottieri
Re: SpaceX -- capturing nosecone fairings
« Reply #155 on: July 21, 2020, 11:20:39 AM »
I did not realize SpaceX was recovering the nosecone fairings as well as the boosters.  Apparently they just made their first double fairing capture.  O0 

https://www.engadget.com/space-x-falcon-9-005622474.html

OK, capture of both fairings are in a video in the link below.  Could not embed the YT vid for some reason...

https://www.americaspace.com/2020/07/20/spacex-launches-anasis-ii-for-south-korea-atop-record-breaking-falcon-9/
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 01:44:24 PM by steve58 »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline steve58

• Condottieri
« Reply #156 on: August 02, 2020, 07:21:49 AM »
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 12:37:49 PM by steve58 »

Offline steve58

• Condottieri
« Reply #157 on: August 02, 2020, 12:45:07 PM »
live now

splashdown  :clap:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 12:49:14 PM by steve58 »

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #158 on: August 02, 2020, 08:44:07 PM »
I saw that.  :notworthy:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.