Main Menu

Gamesquad Forum

Started by Philippe, September 14, 2016, 11:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Now now people....past transgressions aside, he does a fair bit for the gaming community. He does a fair few "first impressions" for games and has a blog that seems to be doing well.

You should check it out
http://www.awargamersneedfulthings.co.uk/

We're all gamers with our little quirks.
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

mirth

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 15, 2016, 09:04:20 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 15, 2016, 08:49:28 AM

We're all gamers with our little skirts

Fixered

You can expect another 'cry me a river' blog post now  ::)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

..or a short back and sides from a claymore...........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

GJK

Looks like the site/forum is back up, FYI.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

mirth

Lord, a quick read of some of the posts over there makes me remember why I gave up on the place. Pitman and Dorosh together on the same forum  :D
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

RyanE

It was my go-to 3rd party forum before grogheads.  But it was already sliding towards oblivion before grogheads existed.  There are forums there that haven't had a post in years.

mirth

I got some good laughs there from Jim Rose of SES infamy, back in the day.

Redwolf

Well, they are Xenoforo now. So far so good.

The major problem I always had with the site is that the owner "forcefully" integrated several other communities he bought, some playstation thing and then the ASL thing, and they just didn't mix with the computer wargaming crowd. The computer wargaming crowd was originally a buy-in, too, from warfarehq during the heyday of CMx1.

At some point there was talk to re-introduce warfarehq as a standalone site, which makes sense to me since the ASL people there still feel alien to me. But I don't think that plan is still on the table.

Wargaming winter...

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Philippe

The main part of the forum seems to be back up.

People have been downloading the mods that are listed there and linked to my Box account.

I may be having a senior moment but I can't for the life of me find a place to call up GameSquad's mod repository (which has the mod I was originally interested in).

As far as my own work goes it wouldn't be the end of the world because I could always rewire my old computer and go digging around in there for it.

But I know that one of the things that may vanish if they don't put their mods back up is Warren Bajan's low resolution Napoleonic Mods.

I never used these myself because they're too low-res for my taste (he needed to make them that way because he used a really antique computer), but the research that went into them was first-rate.  Warren had an unparalleled knowledge of uniforms, and now that he's gone it would be a shame if his modding work were unaccessible.

Someone was asking me about Austrian cavalry uniforms in one of my Napoleonic mods a while back, and if Warren were still alive I'd have bounced the question over to him.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

TacticalWargames

Thanks JD. Appreciated.

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 15, 2016, 08:49:28 AM
Now now people....past transgressions aside, he does a fair bit for the gaming community. He does a fair few "first impressions" for games and has a blog that seems to be doing well.

You should check it out
http://www.awargamersneedfulthings.co.uk/

We're all gamers with our little quirks.

TacticalWargames

Hehe..

I do have a space now on Dogs of War forum that relates to the blog.

Though believe it or not it wasn't my idea but Asids of DoW. I wasn't that fussed about one to be honest.

Finally this is probably going to be seen as "cry me a river" by some but I really would appreciate it massively if I didn't have to come across posts where I'm the but of a joke. Out of the 13 or so years I've been posting at one forum or other with in the community I had a period of three or so months that I'm not proud of and isn't my greatest moment (some have such a tainted view of me because of it which does get to me, yet it all started because I was desperately trying to stay on a forum so I could still speak to you all). I do wish I could be forgiven and it forgotten. I understand some of us will never be friends (both parties were hurt) but we don't need to be enemies either. I have apologised on numerous occasions about it.

I promise not to respond to any further posts where my name or 'Wodin' is mentioned.

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 15, 2016, 06:48:32 AM
Quote from: RyanE on September 15, 2016, 06:18:55 AMIts like they are carrying on conversations with themselves.

wait, I thought Wodin had his own forum!?!? >:D :2funny: