Author Topic: NOW I'M OUT TO GET HIM! -- DC1:Blitz JRP vs Barthheart [Completed]  (Read 14894 times)

Offline Barthheart

• Order of the Square Button
  • Arquebusier
  • Looking for walkie-talkies in 1809.....
Re: NOW I'M OUT TO GET HIM! -- DC1:Blitz JRP vs Barthheart [Completed]
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2017, 04:41:44 AM »
No shame Jason. You were clearly up against a master of the game and I can tell you this scenario is tough against the AI alone. If this was a 'Best-of-Five' series, I'd put my money on you.  O0

Hey now!  :knuppel2:
PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

I'm not a drunk, I'm just Canadian - Shawn Germain

Online Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2017, 10:13:28 AM »
I have considered by beatings by this game as an on-going learning experience. If you pay attention, it will teach you a lot about what NOT to do. So, even old shits like me can win eventually, once in a while.  ;)  What do you consider the toughest scenario to win in this game Barth? I actually won the campaign once including Sea Lion but I'm not sure I was giving the AI all breaks it should have.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline Barthheart

• Order of the Square Button
  • Arquebusier
  • Looking for walkie-talkies in 1809.....
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2017, 10:18:09 AM »
The toughest scenario is France as the Allies. It's a real balancing act between up front face slapping of the invading forces and run away and preserve for a later fight.
Run away too fast and the Germans will steamroll you. Stand up and fight too much and the Germans will tear you to shreds and by pass you...
PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

I'm not a drunk, I'm just Canadian - Shawn Germain

Offline Crossroads

• Man-at-Arms
  • "Gott Mit Uns!" Breitenfeld 1631
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2017, 10:06:24 AM »
The toughest scenario is France as the Allies. It's a real balancing act between up front face slapping of the invading forces and run away and preserve for a later fight.
Run away too fast and the Germans will steamroll you. Stand up and fight too much and the Germans will tear you to shreds and by pass you...

It would be so great you guys would continue to that campaign next  :dreamer:
Visit us at Campaign Series Legion and Facebook

CS: Vietnam | CS: East Front 1939-41 - In The Works
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 OUT NOW

CS: Middle East AAR: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto | Into Africa! (Egypt 10/17/73) Me vs Berto
Boardgame AAR: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putinís Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2017, 04:30:22 PM »
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 04:35:13 PM by JasonPratt »
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.