Author Topic: Non-Wargames on your table right now  (Read 23930 times)

Online jamus34

• Man-at-Arms
Re: Non-Wargames on your table right now
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2020, 12:52:13 PM »
Too Many Bones is running $250 on Amazon.  For that you can get all of the Mansions of Madness material.

I bought direct from Chip Theory. Although I think stock was limited so they might be sold out right now hence the gouging.

And it did deliver today (finally,) so I will give it a go tonight.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 12:54:11 PM by jamus34 »
Insert witty comment here.

Offline Nefaro

• Arquebusier
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2020, 12:54:25 PM »
Too Many Bones is running $250 on Amazon.  For that you can get all of the Mansions of Madness material.

I bought direct from Chip Theory. Although I think stock was limited so they might be sold out right now hence the gouging.

And it did deliver today (finally,) so I will give it a go tonight.

As did I, right before they previously sold out.

I suppose repeatedly selling out of stock is a good indicator of it's popularity.  Their last Kickstarter, for the randomized end boss creator, raked in a pretty huge amount.  Included Core reprints of course.

Think I liked it most due to the wide variety of player powers.  Even though the core game mechanics aren't very difficult, despite the somewhat disorganized bits of the rulebook, each character still has it's own play style and varied level-up build options.  Seems like you could play the same character (yes, solitaire character is possible) multiple times and end up with a different build focus every time.  Plus all the powers largely being tied to the custom dice is great, so if you like dice-chucking and character building a bit like an action-RPG, then it's worth a look.  Even at the cost for the big Core game.

Online jamus34

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2020, 10:42:46 AM »
Yeah, it can be fiddly with some of the rules. I understand that they are trying to keep the printed manual to a minimum as that is literally the only component that will wear out but there are so many things that are either not explained at all, explained poorly or straight up confusing.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game so far. But each game I have made mistakes. For example first time playing Tantrum I didn't realize you have to "buy" his Rage upgrade dice. I also missed some monster innate abilities and character innate's here and there too.

All that and the quirks being said I still really like it and look forward to when I can get it on my table again next weekend.

Online jamus34

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2020, 09:03:55 AM »
oh yeah, with the recent Cloudspire expansion kickstarter I pledged and picked up the following:

Cloudspire base game set (Also includes a dice tray and promo pack)
TMB - Ghillie, Tink, Nugget, Gasket
TMB - Undertow
TMB - 40 days in Daelor
TMB - Adventure Mat and Ally Pack

I also grabbed a chip tray so I can use my premium TMB health chips across both games.

probably went a little crazy but sanity is at a premium right now.