Author Topic: I don't ever want to do 1/72 vehicles again  (Read 1088 times)

Offline JudgeDredd

• Longbowman
I don't ever want to do 1/72 vehicles again
« on: September 04, 2017, 11:51:32 PM »
My daughters boyfriend bought me a 1/72 scale RAF Support Vehicle set for Christmas and I've just finished it. It's funny - because there weren't alot of parts, but it was more challenging for me than a 1/35 scale tank because of the size of the parts - eyes being what they are and fingers being what they are.

But I got them done. I didn't do any weathering or do anything in the way of touching up

I was especially lazy on the motorcycle - but my hands just aren't steady enough to paint something so small

The "glass" seemed to not like the Alcalad Semi Gloss I sprayed. I thought it might do the same as the Jonsons Klear I used to use - but no. I'll have to remember not to use this on clear parts

And for size comparison. Next time I get 1/72 vehicles I think I'll donate them to charity

Thank god they're done and out the way. Space 1999 Eagle next...I need something easy
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 11:55:13 PM by JudgeDredd »
Alba gu' brath

Offline mirth

• Tercio
  • Cardboard Harlot
Re: I don't ever want to do 1/72 vehicles again
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 03:35:53 AM »
You have a nice collection going, JD.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can’t ‘un’ until you ‘pre’, son." - Gus

Offline JudgeDredd

• Longbowman
Re: I don't ever want to do 1/72 vehicles again
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 11:25:24 PM »
Thanks.

I'm starting to be more confident with the airbrush.

I've got some great kits to make - F-14, Sherman, Tiger, an aircraft carrier, the old and new Star Ship Enterprise, a helicopter (Lynx I think)....I'm looking forward to all of them!
Alba gu' brath