Author Topic: We have a Pitch Meeting thread now. Threads are _tight!_  (Read 21415 times)

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
Re: We have a Pitch Meeting thread now. Threads are _tight!_
« Reply #240 on: October 25, 2020, 02:27:29 PM »

"Oh, so this guy's a little sketchy!" "Oh, definitely." "...not as sketchy as Grandpa Joe, though..."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 02:30:45 PM by JasonPratt »
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #241 on: November 01, 2020, 03:06:23 PM »
"Oh, so do we have enough story here to stretch this to two movies?" "No, definitely not." "So, why, why, uh, why are we d-?" "Because money." "OH, MONEY IS THAT THING THAT I LIKE!"

"... -- what are we doin' here, man?" "... uh, money." "Oh, yeah, money, I love it!"
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 03:22:45 PM by JasonPratt »
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #242 on: November 08, 2020, 03:47:20 PM »
The end of the beginning ends, which is also the end.

"So within the first ten minutes, Smaug is dead, and the second movie is over."

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #243 on: November 17, 2020, 01:48:50 PM »

"Oh, subverting expectations by flipping characters around even though it doesn't make sense, is TIGHT!" {characters now flipped in the Pitch Meeting}

Offline al_infierno

• Viking
« Reply #244 on: November 17, 2020, 02:34:25 PM »
I died a bit with laughter when I noticed the character swap gag in that video.  ;D
If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?
- Cormac McCarthy

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

Blessed are the dead that the rain falls on.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline airboy

• Crossbowman
    • averysgameblog
« Reply #245 on: November 17, 2020, 03:27:42 PM »
"But happy other than that?  Very happy other than that!"

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #246 on: November 23, 2020, 05:37:59 PM »

"ok, I feel, I feel like that's pretty messed up for a movie. [...] I did not like that sentence at all!"

(You can probably guess the topic from context. ;) )