Author Topic: We have a Pitch Meeting thread now. Threads are _tight!_  (Read 20482 times)

Offline al_infierno

• Viking
Re: We have a Pitch Meeting thread now. Threads are _tight!_
« Reply #225 on: July 19, 2020, 04:45:34 PM »
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWowowowowowowowowwowowowowowowow
When the chimes end, pick up your gun.  Try and shoot me, Colonel.  Just try.
-El Indio, For a Few Dollars More

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?
- Cormac McCarthy

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #226 on: July 19, 2020, 06:08:41 PM »
I genuinely laughed till I coughed at the final joke. Yes, I'm sure "math" had a lot of influence on this script!

(To be fair, the films must be profitable enough or they wouldn't be up to a 6th entry now.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #227 on: July 26, 2020, 04:15:42 PM »

Hard to believe it took this long.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #228 on: August 02, 2020, 05:50:37 PM »

"So, I hear you have a movie for me?" ...well, arguably, I guess...

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #229 on: August 09, 2020, 04:59:11 PM »

"There's gonna be a ton more walking, even trees are gonna walk in this thing!"

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #230 on: August 17, 2020, 11:36:07 AM »

"And then there will be a bunch of flips and air kicks which will kind of look like fighting sort of!"

(The first movie did pretty well, thus the sequel; I liked it enough to feel like the sequel was insultingly bad.)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 11:37:50 AM by JasonPratt »

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2020, 12:59:48 PM »

"So who's Arwen again?" "She's the one who's like, if Enya's music was a person."

Offline airboy

• Crossbowman
    • averysgameblog
« Reply #232 on: August 27, 2020, 12:50:40 PM »
Weirdly, we watched the first Mortal Combat last week and enjoyed it a lot.  Great movie to watch while drinking.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #233 on: August 30, 2020, 05:04:16 PM »

"Yeah I thought we could just hang out and chat." "Well, okay, but I don't see how I can monetize that."

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #234 on: September 06, 2020, 01:46:40 PM »

"So, what message do you think that's gonna send to kids?" "I dunno, but I do know this is a superhero movie now." "Oh, those do make money for us, please continue!"

Offline Tpek

• Condottieri
« Reply #235 on: September 13, 2020, 02:45:09 PM »
Twilight: New Meeting

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #236 on: September 13, 2020, 03:49:50 PM »
"So is that completely unnatural insertion of information there going to come back later in the plot?" "It sure is!" "Wow wow... wow!" "Yeah, I'm a writer!"

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #237 on: September 20, 2020, 08:10:22 PM »

"And then they're going to be brought in front of the Scrotum King." "What?"

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #238 on: October 11, 2020, 02:34:09 PM »

"I do like money purposes." "They're the only purposes that matter, sir!"

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #239 on: October 18, 2020, 07:01:09 PM »

To be fair, the super-powerful wizard is also scared spitliess about the GIANT DIRE WEREBEAR! -- who later ground-solos a whole separate army. (With air support, to be sure, but still.)