Phantom Brigade: Turn based tactical Mech RPG

Started by fran, September 03, 2018, 01:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fran

Phantom Brigade is a turn-based tactical RPG, focusing on in-depth customization and player driven stories. As the last surviving squad of mech pilots, you must capture enemy equipment and facilities to level the playing field. Outnumbered and out-gunned, lead The Brigade through a desperate campaign to retake their war-torn homeland.

Please see website below

http://tetragonworks.com/

From https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/

Gusington

Gah you beat me to it. Also don't forget Industries of Titan:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

KeanuReev

focusing on in-depth customization and player driven stories.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

This is released in early access...on Epic. Looks interesting. I'll probably splurge before day's end.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Zulu1966

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 19, 2020, 11:07:02 AM
This is released in early access...on Epic. Looks interesting. I'll probably splurge before day's end.

Any info on this gratefully recieved
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Gusington

Damn, multiple necro-threads on games I had totally forgotten about in one day, as I assemble my new rig (online for purchase).

My wallet squeals like a pig.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on November 19, 2020, 02:06:05 PM
Damn, multiple necro-threads on games I had totally forgotten about in one day, as I assemble my new rig (online for purchase).

My wallet squeals like a pig.

Ah. So you have chosen death, then? I mean Falcon.  8)  ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

ACTUALLY...was about to post a new thread - just built a Talon online, and yesterday built an Alienware Aurora. Both come out to a pretty penny for the builds I want - more than I have ever spent on a rig. Gimme one second to start that thread - I need the opinions of peeps here before I spend that kind of money.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Great potential here. I love the concept. Your homeland has been invaded and you lead a squad of resistance fighters...in giant mechs! It's like Red Dawn with giant robots! WOLVERINES!!!!

The graphics are really nice and the terrain/buildings are destructible. They really take a pounding in battle. I'm still getting used to it, but the "gimmick" in this title is some advanced technology in your mechs that lets your team see into the immediate future. Each turn is played out in a pulse of time and while you are planning your strategy, you can see how each unit is going to move at any moment in the pulse. You view this by scrolling through a time-line. With being able to see where the enemy is going to move in each pulse, you can plan where to move and what offensive or defensive actions to take and when best to take them. It's pretty cool how you plot different actions on the timeline and then can adjust on the fly. It's a very unique mechanic. I don't recall ever seeing anything like it.

There is also a strategic layer, where you get move around the map, discover locations and supplies, retake objectives from the enemy, etc.

It's very early in development, but this one is definitely looking good and off to a positive start.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Zulu1966

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 19, 2020, 09:42:34 PM
Great potential here. I love the concept. Your homeland has been invaded and you lead a squad of resistance fighters...in giant mechs! It's like Red Dawn with giant robots! WOLVERINES!!!!

The graphics are really nice and the terrain/buildings are destructible. They really take a pounding in battle. I'm still getting used to it, but the "gimmick" in this title is some advanced technology in your mechs that lets your team see into the immediate future. Each turn is played out in a pulse of time and while you are planning your strategy, you can see how each unit is going to move at any moment in the pulse. You view this by scrolling through a time-line. With being able to see where the enemy is going to move in each pulse, you can plan where to move and what offensive or defensive actions to take and when best to take them. It's pretty cool how you plot different actions on the timeline and then can adjust on the fly. It's a very unique mechanic. I don't recall ever seeing anything like it.

There is also a strategic layer, where you get move around the map, discover locations and supplies, retake objectives from the enemy, etc.

It's very early in development, but this one is definitely looking good and off to a positive start.

Thanks for that. Looks like I am buying something today ....
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Jarhead0331

Played a little more this morning. Wow. The tactical combat is really fantastic. Very challenging and exciting. I didn't think I was going to really like the time mechanic, but I actually love it. It provides for as a surprisingly deep tactical/strategic experience.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

steve58

Are the buildings/environment destructible?   I've looked through some videos and see some building damage in some and not others?
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: steve58 on November 20, 2020, 11:59:50 AM
Are the buildings/environment destructible?   I've looked through some videos and see some building damage in some and not others?

Yes. I mentioned that above. Highly destructible and this factors into the strategy in a major way.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 20, 2020, 11:31:06 AM
Played a little more this morning. Wow. The tactical combat is really fantastic. Very challenging and exciting. I didn't think I was going to really like the time mechanic, but I actually love it. It provides for as a surprisingly deep tactical/strategic experience.

stop posting good things.....the last thing I need is another new game on my list.