Author Topic: Imperator: Rome  (Read 3997 times)

Offline Nefaro

• Arquebusier
Re: Imperator: Rome
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2020, 02:50:20 PM »
Can anyone who’s been following since launch say this is worth to buy yet?

Bought it on a previous sale.  Got my dollars-to-hours worth out of it and feel there is plenty more to go.

Like any other Pdox title, you're ultimately painting the map.  It's the detailed mechanical focus which makes each one different, however.  CK2 is all about micromanaging your individual ruler's reign and relationships.  EU4 is about national political maneuvering and progress.  Victoria had a heavier focus on population groups and economics. 

I think Imperator is largely a mix of Victoria and EU4's focuses regarding politics and population groups, albeit to a bit smaller degree in some areas.  However, the most depth I've got with it is from the Victoria style economic & resource building facet.  I was often constructing buildings and trying to squeeze out more resources from my provinces along with pushing the social classes to where I wanted them  With the addition of the previous 'Livy' update, there are now nation or region-specific progress trees which reward you for fulfilling progressive goals and provides solid goals over time if you want that sort of thing.  It definitely added value to the experience, and still leaves you to decide what you want to do.

EDIT:  It's free to try this week so should be worth a try to see if it's for you.
I gotta admit, the building/resource side of things takes a bit to figure out, but I did find that it kept me busy during periods which other Pdox games would just have me watching the timer tick for awhile.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 02:53:33 PM by Nefaro »