Author Topic: Grand Tactician, American Civil War  (Read 4647 times)

Offline fabius

• Viking
Re: Grand Tactician, American Civil War
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2020, 10:51:53 AM »
Hi Praise in this blog

So far we have not shown the game to outsiders of the development team, except in the official updates like these dev blogs. But when a renown strategy game designer Philippe Thibaut asks to have a look at the game… Well, you show the game!

http://www.grandtactician.com/thecivilwar/blog/articles/guest-blog-philippe-thibaut

Offline Rayfer

• Condottieri
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2020, 11:36:34 AM »
Hi Praise in this blog

So far we have not shown the game to outsiders of the development team, except in the official updates like these dev blogs. But when a renown strategy game designer Philippe Thibaut asks to have a look at the game… Well, you show the game!

http://www.grandtactician.com/thecivilwar/blog/articles/guest-blog-philippe-thibaut

Been following this for a while now....can't remember the last time I was this excited about a new game.

Offline fabius

• Viking
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2020, 11:57:25 AM »
Yeah, think this one could rocket fuel reignite my interest in US Civil War.

Offline Tanaka

• Velites
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2020, 12:25:20 PM »
My most highly anticipated game of 2020! Can't wait for this one!

Offline Toonces

• GrogHeads Mods
  • Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2020, 12:43:04 PM »
Wow!  Have I seen this before?   I don't think so.  Man alive this game looks absolutely fantastic.

I don't throw out "day 1 purchase" lightly, but this certainly feels like that kind of game.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

"Toonces Drunk - (adj) Tooh-nsays Dru-nk Descr:  Smash into a room, insult all your friends, fall asleep for 2 days, naked, face down wearing nothing but ALL your watches on one arm."  - UCG

"The less I hear, the less you say." - Linkin Park

Offline sandman2575

• Man-at-Arms
  • Poet Warrior in the Classical Sense...
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2020, 01:17:46 PM »
And it looks like it's coming out much sooner than I expected -- "mid-late summer"

https://steamcommunity.com/app/654890/discussions/0/1638675549010918375/

I'm not a Civil War buff, but this looks absolutely fantastic.  EDIT -- I guess I channeled Toonces, because I wrote that and then saw he had written pretty much the exact same thing !

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Aboard the Praetor's Pride
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2020, 01:45:11 PM »
I really can't wait for this game.  I noticed Philippe has quite the nice website with a lot of interesting products.  Maybe I can find something there to keep me busy until Grand Tactician comes out!
Forgive me my old friend.  But I must use all my experience...to get home.

Offline Vintage Dude

• Velites
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2020, 02:07:03 PM »
This has been at the very top of my wishlist for a long time.

Offline al_infierno

• Viking
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2020, 10:41:19 PM »
Beta Battle Game Play: Gettysburg

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot
If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

If yer lookin' for the general, I know where he is...

"Don't quote me boy, 'cause I ain't said shit."  -- Eazy-E

Offline devoncop

• Viking
    • Slitherine Games Field of Glory Empires MP Game
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2020, 11:34:18 PM »
Beta Battle Game Play: Gettysburg

Watched it all. Really impressive stuff.

What is obvious is that this is no clickfest.....the battle has time to develop naturally and with lots of time to think even without using the pause key (which for me given my aversion to RTS battles is quite something !)

As a battle simulator is is amazing but when you consider that this system, as well as being able to be used to replay individual stand alone engagements is also integrated into a whole ACW strategic game the scale is mind blowing.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Offline Father Ted

• Viking
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2020, 04:46:10 AM »
I've no real interest in the ACW, but I might get this just because of the game design.

Offline hellfish6

• Equites
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2020, 04:56:59 AM »
I've no real interest in the ACW, but I might get this just because of the game design.

My thought exactly.