Author Topic: Hearts of Iron IV  (Read 220171 times)

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
Re: Hearts of Iron IV
« Reply #1440 on: August 29, 2020, 01:00:38 PM »
I really enjoy the land warfare aspects of HOI IV, but when you throw in the air and naval wars, I start to get overwhelmed. I wish those aspects of the game could be assigned to staff AI assistants.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline Skoop

• Viking
« Reply #1441 on: August 29, 2020, 01:07:06 PM »
Iíve seen casual players play this in large mp groups against the AI.  The casual guys will control the minor nations and the skilled ones take the major nations.  When six of your buddies are tag teaming the AI it can almost be beer and pretzels at that point.

Offline glen55

• Viking
« Reply #1442 on: August 30, 2020, 05:20:40 PM »
I really enjoy the land warfare aspects of HOI IV, but when you throw in the air and naval wars, I start to get overwhelmed. I wish those aspects of the game could be assigned to staff AI assistants.

I'm not sure I agree with this general sentiment, but I have to agree when you apply it to this particular game. The developers' attention has long been primarily on the land warfare, and I think it would be far better if the air and naval warfare were abstracted in some fashion, whether by some type of ability to delegate to assistants or otherwise. Neither game system really works in a way that doesn't create unrealistic outcomes that percolate through the rest of the game.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower