Author Topic: I preordered an HTC Vive Cosmos!!!  (Read 809 times)

Offline Con

• Man-at-Arms
Re: I preordered an HTC Vive Cosmos!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2019, 04:31:59 PM »
Itís about content as well. If my gaming is less than 20% flight or first person type games after the initial rush what will I do with it?  It will end up being the pc version of the kitchen bread maker gathering dust and taking up shelf space

Offline solops

• Viking
  • Woof!
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2019, 04:54:33 PM »
The whole lot of you are curmudgeons who don't understand how to get the most out of the technology.  :pullhair: With the right rig and the right settings, a good VR headset is worth every penny.   :bd:
Will VR help me play Total War or TOAW or Field of Glory?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Toonces

• Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2019, 05:20:05 PM »
I'd like to try VR, but not for....gaming, if you know what I mean.   :hide:   :-"
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

"Toonces Drunk - (adj) Tooh-nsays Dru-nk Descr:  Smash into a room, insult all your friends, fall asleep for 2 days, naked, face down wearing nothing but ALL your watches on one arm."  - UCG

"The less I hear, the less you say." - Linkin Park

Offline Skoop

• Viking
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2019, 05:22:00 PM »
I love the Idea of VR in flight sims, but in a dogfight I'll takedown someone in a vr headset any day of the week with my 4K monitor simply cause I'll spot em quicker.  I'm waiting for more tactile glove support to pair with the headset, to me that'll be the game changer.  You could justify the expense because you won't be constructing a physical cockpit.

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2019, 12:48:02 AM »
I love the Idea of VR in flight sims, but in a dogfight I'll takedown someone in a vr headset any day of the week with my 4K monitor simply cause I'll spot em quicker.  I'm waiting for more tactile glove support to pair with the headset, to me that'll be the game changer.  You could justify the expense because you won't be constructing a physical cockpit.

Iíve read people claim the opposite, in fact.
On a 4K monitor the pixels are much smaller (and with AA blurred even) and by design of dynamic object scaling an aircraft further out shows up as a far bigger blip (pixel) in a VR headset than on your 4K monitor.
"(...) running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth