Author Topic: Close Combat Bloody First (new 3D engine) now on steam and facebook BETA call  (Read 3002 times)

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
CC has always had a pausable orders feature, at least since CC2. I'm glad to hear it's still going to be available, but I'm not surprised. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Destraex

• Man-at-Arms
What is the spotting like?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Offline jomni

• Landsknecht
I see this game is Real Time. Is there a way to slow it down like in SD? If not, this is a no buy for me. For some reason RT and me do not mix.  :idiot2:

The game runs really slow by default already. At least the previous iterations.

Offline PipFromSlitherine

• Velites
I see this game is Real Time. Is there a way to slow it down like in SD? If not, this is a no buy for me. For some reason RT and me do not mix.  :idiot2:
You can control the game speed and slow it down, yes.  You can also pause the game and review the battle and give orders while paused.

Cheers

Pip

Offline acctingman

• Man-at-Arms
You can control the game speed and slow it down, yes.  You can also pause the game and review the battle and give orders while paused.

Cheers

Pip

Thanks Pip

Offline rocketman

• Equites
Can the camera be tilted or only zoomed at a fixed angle?

Offline Destraex

• Man-at-Arms
You can spin the camera so I assume that means you can also zoom from any angle.

Offline rocketman

• Equites
What I meant was tilting the camera (fixed zoom level) along the Y-axis. Not panning or spinning. Like using "R" and "F" for those familliar with Combat Mission.

Offline Destraex

• Man-at-Arms
Oh I get ya. Yes that would be good. Somehow I don't think this will hold a candle to Combat Mission for realism. It's a nice action wargame that will be fun but missing things like proper communications and physics I would think.

Offline PipFromSlitherine

• Velites
What I meant was tilting the camera (fixed zoom level) along the Y-axis. Not panning or spinning. Like using "R" and "F" for those familliar with Combat Mission.
Yes - you can tilt the camera.  You can change the angles pretty much as you like outside the norm too, but the assets are not designed for very close in inspection.

Cheers

Pip

Offline trek

• Equites
Re: Close Combat Bloody First (new 3D engine) now on steam and facebook BETA call
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2019, 09:47:24 AM »
Announcement on BluesNews & the MatrixGames site: Close Combat: The Bloody First on their website and Steam October 3rd. FinallY!