Main Menu

Corruption 2029

Started by Jarhead0331, February 17, 2020, 09:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

This one really traveled beneath the radar for release today. It is by the same developers who did Mutant Year Zero. I never played that one, but it seems to have quite a cult-like following.

IT looks really cool. I like the aesthetic and the technology in use by your little sci-fi specops team. Anything that has active camouflage gives me the goosebumps.  Looks very X-com-ish. Still, I'm cautiously optimistic at best for $19.99 and little to no fanfare prior to release...

Yes, appears to be Epic exclusive for now.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/corruption-2029/home
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

trek

Thanks for the heads-up JH. Just bought it and I'm DL it now. I played Mutant YZ  quite a bit but never could get used to playing as a duck or pig, etc. I was always wishing it was more Xcom like with modern soldier characters, so this is right up my alley. Watching the Youtube Videos the game has very similar environments to MYZ. The game world environment in MYZ is gorgeous so this one looks like more of the same. Tactically the game is very good and is challenging even on Easy.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: trek on February 17, 2020, 09:56:04 AM
Thanks for the heads-up JH. Just bought it and I'm DL it now. I played Mutant YZ  quite a bit but never could get used to playing as a duck or pig, etc. I was always wishing it was more Xcom like with modern soldier characters, so this is right up my alley. Watching the Youtube Videos the game has very similar environments to MYZ. The game world environment in MYZ is gorgeous so this one looks like more of the same. Tactically the game is very good and is challenging even on Easy.

I feel the same way about MYZ. The farm animals did nothing for me, and the concept in Corruption is much more appealing. I also like the plot about a future America where a few states have broken away to wage a war for independence against the larger totalitarian whole. Looking forward to trying this out when I get home today.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

GeneralHawk

Finger is twitching to pick this up. Love everything I see/read about it. Will wait for any feedback you guys can give!!
Gundog for life
D Co 2-35 IN
3 BDE 25th ID
OEF/OIF

undercovergeek

There's a review on RPS and a 30 min gameplay vid from the developers

Jarhead0331

Yeah...I'm hooked. I like it a lot.

It's a bit linear as opposed to say X-Com, but the story, look and tactical combat makes up for it. Very cool stuff.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

trek

As I discovered with the previous game MYZ I find that in my case using an Xbox Gamepad for this game is actually more fluid and efficient than Mouse and KB. I recall that the Devs said the game was actually optimized to play even better with the gamepad. Give it a shot and see if any of you that are playing this agree with me. Usually I always prefer Mouse and KB but not in this case.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: trek on February 17, 2020, 07:34:45 PM
As I discovered with the previous game MYZ I find that in my case using an Xbox Gamepad for this game is actually more fluid and efficient than Mouse and KB. I recall that the Devs said the game was actually optimized to play even better with the gamepad. Give it a shot and see if any of you that are playing this agree with me. Usually I always prefer Mouse and KB but not in this case.

I'm quite comfortable playing with mouse and keyboard, but can definitely see it working well with a gamepad too. I've watched some videos of the devs playing and they are clearly using a gamepad.

Just don't want to scare anyone away who would prefer to stick with a keyboard and mouse. It works very good and the controls are simple.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

trek

Yes, a good point about the gamepad over Mouse and KB idea. The game plays wonderful either way. I guess I'm just kinda' surprised at myself for preferring the gamepad.

al_infierno

Wow, this looks great!  Really tempting me into reinstalling the Epic launcher.  I can't help but feel like this game would get more attention if it were available on Steam...
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Grim.Reaper

I bought it as well...what the heck for $9 (I still had my holiday coupon for $10 off available).