Author Topic: Pacific Tide Vassel?  (Read 175 times)

Offline airboy

• Landsknecht
    • averysgameblog
Pacific Tide Vassel?
« on: March 10, 2020, 09:29:39 PM »
Anyone interested in attempting a Vassal Game of Pacific Tide (Compass Games)?  I have a review coming out very soon.

This is a "stretch" for me since I've not played by email before nor by Vassal.  But I have the game, it is short, and this is as good of a game as any to try out.  Looking to start in mid-April.

Offline ArizonaTank

• Man-at-Arms
Re: Pacific Tide Vassel?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 10:03:02 PM »
I would normally be "all in" for a vassal game...but tapped out at the moment. But interested to hear how it goes.
"Baseball's Sad Lexicon" - 1910

These are the saddest of possible words:
      “Tinker to Evers to Chance.”
Trio of bear cubs, and fleeter than birds,
      Tinker and Evers and Chance.
Ruthlessly pricking our gonfalon bubble,
      Making a Giant hit into a double—
Words that are heavy with nothing but trouble:
      “Tinker to Evers to Chance.”

"Tinker to Evers to Chance"
"where doubles go to die"

These three players helped the Cubs win four National League championships and two World Series from 1906 to 1910.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 07:29:28 AM »
Same; with Mom still recuperating, I had to trim down my multiplayer card already. Certainly want to, though! I hope someone takes you up on it.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Aboard the Praetor's Pride
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 09:43:50 AM »
I'd be willing to give it a try.  Haven't read the rules yet but willing to learn.  I have the Vassal module but have also never played a Vassal game against an email opponent. 
Forgive me my old friend.  But I must use all my experience...to get home.

Offline airboy

• Landsknecht
    • averysgameblog
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 10:04:27 AM »
I'd be willing to give it a try.  Haven't read the rules yet but willing to learn.  I have the Vassal module but have also never played a Vassal game against an email opponent.

Sounds good.  Why don't you read up on the rules and decide if you want to play Japan or the US.  I'm thinking a mid-April start.  Turns should go very fast.

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Aboard the Praetor's Pride
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 04:35:39 PM »

Sounds good.  Why don't you read up on the rules and decide if you want to play Japan or the US.  I'm thinking a mid-April start.  Turns should go very fast.

Mid April start sounds great.  I'll read up and familiarize myself with the game.
Forgive me my old friend.  But I must use all my experience...to get home.