Author Topic: So, this is what UEBS was intended for... fantasy zombie outbreaks!  (Read 422 times)

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
...to begin with anyway:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/992910/The_Black_Masses/

Leading 500 armored footmen against 10,000 zombies in one battle. For example.

Rough early access by all reports, but devs are jumping on bug fixes quick after even only one day. Will wait until later myself -- not always fond of zombie games, but this looks interesting for scale at least.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Toonces

• Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
Re: So, this is what UEBS was intended for... fantasy zombie outbreaks!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 09:44:42 PM »
Wow, that looks like a lot of fun!  Count me in (eventually)!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

"Toonces Drunk - (adj) Tooh-nsays Dru-nk Descr:  Smash into a room, insult all your friends, fall asleep for 2 days, naked, face down wearing nothing but ALL your watches on one arm."  - UCG

"The less I hear, the less you say." - Linkin Park

Offline FarAway Sooner

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 01:42:31 PM »
What does UEBS stand for?

As for myself, I've always wondered how a Zombie horde would fare in the face of a .50 machine gun.  Do Zombies keep functioning like Zombies if they're cut in half?  Does the torso keep pulling itself forward but the legs stop moving?  Does this imply there's still a central nervous system locale for Zombies somewhere above the waist?

Can Zombies still walk if they're tendons and ligaments are cut?  How does that work?

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 01:48:28 PM »
Ultimate Epic Battle Simulator.
"...feels like a 39.99 game to me.

- Grim Reaper, Grogheads Seer

Offline al_infierno

• Viking
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 01:48:45 PM »
Looks very cool.  Is this actually based on the Ultimate Epic Battle Simulator engine?
If yer lookin' for the general, I know where he is...

"Don't quote me boy, 'cause I ain't said shit."  -- Eazy-E

Offline Dammit Carl!

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 02:02:26 PM »
What does UEBS stand for?

As for myself, I've always wondered how a Zombie horde would fare in the face of a .50 machine gun.  Do Zombies keep functioning like Zombies if they're cut in half?  Does the torso keep pulling itself forward but the legs stop moving?  Does this imply there's still a central nervous system locale for Zombies somewhere above the waist?

Can Zombies still walk if they're tendons and ligaments are cut?  How does that work?

Depends upon what zombie canon you're going off of, but usually, zeds only stop coming for you if they're brains are compromised via bullet, blade or bashing.  Cut 'em in half?  They'll crawl after you.  Lop off the head?  Head still wants nummies.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 03:29:00 AM by Dammit Carl! »

Offline Father Ted

• Viking
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 03:51:57 PM »
If I'd bought a zombie cannon and it didn't stop them I'd be demanding a refund.  Consumers have rights even in the zompocalypse.

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 03:53:51 PM »
HA
"...feels like a 39.99 game to me.

- Grim Reaper, Grogheads Seer

Offline Dammit Carl!

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 06:35:21 PM »
Lol.  ;D

I see what I did there.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 03:29:38 AM by Dammit Carl! »

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2020, 09:05:11 PM »
Skyrim meets The Walking Dead. Could work.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2020, 09:26:02 AM »
Looks very cool.  Is this actually based on the Ultimate Epic Battle Simulator engine?

Yes, a highly upgraded and modified one. Same devs.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.