Awakening the Rebellion 2.8

Started by Jarhead0331, April 06, 2020, 11:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I wanted to plug this Star Wars: Empire at War mod for Forces of Corruption because it kicks so much ass.

There are a lot of really good mods for this game, but I think I'm settling on this one as my favorite so far. The thing that makes it so good in my opinion is that while drastically enhancing the space combat, it has also drastically enhanced the ground combat, which is either totally neglected by most other mods, or ignored altogether. in fact, in most games, I would auto-resolve the ground combat element, but in AOTR 2.8, I play most of them. Some of the enhancements for the ground combat are awesome in the extreme.

The mod is available in the workshop, but check out the details here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/awakening-of-the-rebellion-2
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

:smitten:

I've been meaning to get into trying the recent (and highly competitive) mods for this game -- just too many shiny things!

Nice to have a specific recommendation with rationale, tho!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

Nice find! Thanks for sharing! Will definately check this out.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Skoop

Nice, my son plays this game everyday.  He's in 7 year old star war's glory and the empire at war is his go to game.  He's doing republic at war mod that's a total conversion for the clone wars period.  I'll have to check this mod out for him.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Skoop on April 06, 2020, 01:46:22 PM
Nice, my son plays this game everyday.  He's in 7 year old star war's glory and the empire at war is his go to game.  He's doing republic at war mod that's a total conversion for the clone wars period.  I'll have to check this mod out for him.

That too is a great mod and is definitely on my top 5 list.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

How does it enhance the space combat?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

solops

Downloaded this and some other mods from Steam. Non show up in the game initiation under "Mods". The base game, both versions, work fine. Any clue what is wrong?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on April 07, 2020, 08:43:31 AM
Downloaded this and some other mods from Steam. Non show up in the game initiation under "Mods". The base game, both versions, work fine. Any clue what is wrong?

Are you loading Forces of Corruption or the base game? Most of the mods are for Forces of Corruption.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on April 07, 2020, 09:01:16 AM
I tried both.

I don't know then. Are you running the game from Steam? Did you subscribe to the mod in the workshop or did you download from ModDB?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

solops

Steam game, Steam workshop mods, run from the Steam launcher.

solops

Will verify cache and restart later. Gotta go get milk, eggs and sugar.

Pete Dero

Quote from: solops on April 07, 2020, 08:43:31 AM

Many mods require some extra steps.  This is an example for Clone Wars but some mods need extra launch options like mentioned in step 5.

How to Install The Clone Wars mod in SWEAW

1. Have the prerequisites: You need a Steam account, You need SWEAW Forces of Corruption, and an extracting program such as "WinRAR.

2. Download the mod from this website:
" http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-clone-wars/downloads/star-wars-the-clone-wars-version-40" in the mirrors section

3. Go to your browser download page, then extract the file using your extracting program

4. Place the file onto your Steam folder, starting from Programfiles(86x)->Steam->Steamapps->common->Star Wars Empire at War-> corruption-> Mods
If you do not have a folder named "Mods", create one in the Corruption folder

5. Go to your steam library, Hit SWEAW, hit propertys, hit "Set launch options". In launch options, place
"swfoc MODPATH=MODS/star_wars_clone_wars_IV"

without the "". This is the easiest step to mess up double check yourself on this step.

6. You should be good to play The Clone Wars mod. If you have any questions, please repeat the steps. Make sure to launch SWEAR Forces of corruption, not the vanilla Empire vs Rebellion version

Jarhead0331

For AOTR, you do not need to add anything to the path of your .exe. However, if you don't you will need to load the mod from the main menu every time you play. I typically do not add the path because I never know which mod I'm going to feel like running.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

steve58

Star Wars: Empire at War is still $20 on Steam?  :o >:(
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)