Author Topic: DCS Discussion  (Read 200953 times)

Offline Father Ted

• Man-at-Arms
Re: DCS Discussion
« Reply #2040 on: February 24, 2021, 11:38:16 AM »
I saw all that gear and went green with jealousy, but then I realised: same pedals as me!

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #2041 on: February 24, 2021, 11:55:37 AM »
I saw all that gear and went green with jealousy, but then I realised: same pedals as me!

The green with envy was just caused by the back lights...

Yeah, I take quite a bit of criticism over those pedals in the DCS forums and groups..."why have all that fancy gear and then have cheap pedals...?"  The answer for me is that they work. It's that simple. I fly modern fighters for the most part and the only time I really use rudder is on the ground when taxing. Sometimes I might use them for slight adjustments when rolling in while using CCIP. Sometimes, if I fly a 3rd gen or late 4th gen aircraft, they get more use, or in anything rotary, but that is all a fraction of my flight time. Some day I may upgrade to Crosswinds or something, just to avoid the ridicule...we'll see.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline Father Ted

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #2042 on: February 24, 2021, 03:22:42 PM »
As you say - horses for courses.  I've no problem with mine, apart from the potentiometer for the left brake being dodgy - but these days all I fly is WW1 so brakes not an issue.  And for the price of a "decent" set of pedals I could probably upgrade my CPU which would enhance my flying experience much more.