Author Topic: Ashes of Singularity: Escalation (deal over)  (Read 348 times)

Offline steve58

• Condottieri
Ashes of Singularity: Escalation (deal over)
« on: May 07, 2020, 02:07:46 PM »
Free for the next 2 days or while supplies last.

http://www.humblebundle.com/store/ashes-of-the-singularity-escalation-free-game

Redeem your Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation key before it expires on May 14, 2020, 10:00:00 AM
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 06:58:00 AM by steve58 »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams

Offline Trooperc7

• Velites
Re: FREE @ HumbleBundle --> Ashes of Singularity: Escalation
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 05:58:24 PM »
Thanks for the headsup! Downloading now!

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 05:24:27 AM »
Its a fun game and the greatest latest version while we wait for Stardock to push out more info on its rework/sequel.
In its current form Its a little too ‘tower defense’-like and a little too little SupCom like for my taste, but a fun game no less. And the big battles are impressive to look at.

The next version will be more akin to SupCom from what I gather, but its still a ways off.

"(...) running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth

Offline jamus34

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 07:03:47 AM »
I haven’t spent much time on it but I do like it.

I agree with the tower defense comments, it is all about area control for economy gain. That was the one thing I loved with Total Annihilation. You needed to do that early game but once you teched up you could generate both metal and power regardless of area control.

I think supcom is the same 
Insert witty comment here.

Offline Destraex

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 06:47:09 AM »
Have had this game for a long time and I find it fills the gap nicely between company of heroes click fests and supcom grand strategy style RTS games. It is lacking a bit of variety in available strategies though when compared to supcom. But comparing a game to supcom is always a hopeless gesture. The land battleship principle is a lot of fun.

As jamus said above. It's hard to build tall in this game. Which is very similar to the smaller RTS games like dawn of war or coh.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"