Author Topic: New Wargame  (Read 407 times)

Offline Zulu1966

• Viking
New Wargame
« on: May 16, 2020, 12:14:43 PM »
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Offline Philippe

• Viking
Re: New Wargame
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 12:26:03 PM »
Not sure there's actually a game in there.  The manual is barely three pages long.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Offline Staggerwing

• Blunderbuster
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 07:28:03 AM »
I've seen this game engine before. Years ago there was a modern unit sim that went under the name 'Talava', 'Tavala', or something like that. Then later it appeared again with WW2 units. It looked more like a training sim than a game.

I wish I could find a link to that first one but I cannot.  :(

It does look like the engine has been around. Requirements: Win 7, Pentium4, and at least 4 Gig of RAM:

https://www.pcgamebenchmark.com/maneuver-warfare-system-requirements
Vituš ér enn - eša hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 09:52:54 AM »
Reminds me a little of a less point-to-point version of Panzer Doctrine (which is rather an interesting little game).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.