Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Incredible - I am hoping for a Microprose resurrection. Maybe it will really happen.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on May 26, 2020, 08:15:23 AM
Incredible - I am hoping for a Microprose resurrection. Maybe it will really happen.

They are certainly off to a good start.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Are there details anywhere on how big an operation this new Microprose is? How many employees, etc.?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Phantom

Thats great news. The mix of Role Play & flight sim in the original was revolutionary at the time - there was always a tense & dangerous (level flight!) approach, but my favorite part (aside from the light relief of being the rear gunner) was as bomb aimer - it was great when you got it right & viewed the after action film of the target getting pounded. A very immersive experience IIRC - with improved graphics & VR this could be a REALLY good game.

Sir Slash

OK. Another game I'm going to have to find a way to stay alive for another 20+ years to play. I better go see my doctor.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Millipede

Hah! Sir Slash, I was just thinking the same thing.

Definitely a 1st day purchase and dreaming of a 10 member crew of Grogheads. Now I just need to live long enough.

Pete Dero

Sir Slash

A 10 member crew of Grogheads?  :o  Over the target, almost to Bomb-Drop, cut your speed, and then.... "Hey guys, look at that naked girl on the bomber next door"! Followed by, "She not your type, she has breasts". Then, " Hey, is that a Mc Donald's down there"? "No dummy, it's a... Vendy's. This is Germany after all". "Dongle factory at 3 O'clock. Made you look".  :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

No matter what I will always be the ball gunner.

There I said it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Millipede

em2nought

I have to stay alive & not be broke. ;D  In a like vein you may find this VR experience in a Lancaster circa 1943 Berlin Blitz of interest https://store.steampowered.com/app/513490/1943_Berlin_Blitz/

Stolen elections have consequences.

Toonces

Quote from: Toonces on May 26, 2020, 08:35:13 PM
Segueing from your other thread about creativity....I sure hope these guys don't forget that what made the other Mighty Eighth so damn good was the game

I'm all for great graphics, attention to detail and VR, but I swear, if the campaign is a set of scripted missions...   :knuppel2:   :'(
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs