Main Menu

War FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, May 29, 2020, 08:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Here's a little something to kick you in the gut.

A lot of DCS, Aurora C#, maybe some Star Citizen or IL-2 BoX.

Enjoy Grogs.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

Ozzy knew bats are dangerous years ago !

Just DCS for me.

Gusington

\m/

Continuing with my Field of Glory - Empires campaign. Starting my Civ VI Alexander the Great campaign. And taking a break from AssCreed.

When the break is over will dive back into AssCreed: Origins and later AssCreed: Revelations.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

My driving sim fun continues with Wreckfest, and thanks to the sale this past week, Dirt Rally 2.0 (been watching a lot of rally stuff prior to this, so I'm right chuffed at a chance to get to try and put a Lancia Stratos through it's paces).

Stay safe, folks, and see you out there on the virtual track(s)!

W8taminute

Good tune.  I think they use it in Ken Burns Vietnam War Documentary.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80997770

I'll be playing Dominions 5 Grogsgame PBEM with several people here.  There will be some Warhammer Gladius, Heroes & Generals, and maybe squeeze in some Dawn Of War with Jason at some point. 

I want to try to drive my truck in American Truck Simulator as well time permitting.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MengJiao

Quote from: Pete Dero on May 29, 2020, 09:37:50 AM
Ozzy knew bats are dangerous years ago !

Just DCS for me.

DCS sounds good.  That and war thunder and I'm working on my WAW scenario -- The Revolt of Megabyzius!  AKA Egypt 458 BCE

rocketman

Final beta testing of Carrier Battles 4 Guadalcanal - soon to be released  :bd:
And some Combat Mission.

Gusington

Dammit Carl! I played a couple of hours of Wreckfest a while back - even though it was pretty frenetic, I could probably enjoy it if I invested more time into it. How long did it take you to get better at it?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

The original plan was to play only the following games:

- Port Royale 3
- Hercule Poirot's ABC

But a new beta patch has be released for Astra Exodus, so i'll play that one as well....

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on May 29, 2020, 11:11:49 AM
Dammit Carl! I played a couple of hours of Wreckfest a while back - even though it was pretty frenetic, I could probably enjoy it if I invested more time into it. How long did it take you to get better at it?

Lol.  Depends on how you define "better."  For me, it's down to focusing on a particular car (to get the "feel," of it down if that makes sense), modifying it as I can in the garage, and then learning to properly tweak the tweakable variables prior to racing on each track.  To be honest, I'm not through the ranking bit that's in the game - I'm still puttering around in the "Junior Nationals," - as I spend more of my time just racing the same car against AI on different tracks.

Or, I go with the comedy option and run that huge, flippin' Cadillac.  Straight line?  No problem.  Curve?  Uh...about that...

The game gives me all the feels, as I love to see the older styles of cars that take me back to the local stock car races I went to as a kid. 

GroggyGrognard

Great song pic this week, JH!

Some Shellshock Live tonight with friends. I plan on still getting the hang of Armoured Commander II. Love reading smithcorp's AAR in the AC II thread.

Maybe some Total War:Shogun 2.

Have a great and safe weekend, WAR PIGS!

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Gusington

Thanks Carl - guess I shouldn't be too upset that I suck at it. Maybe a few beers would help me 'git good.'

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Good tune. You never will find an more anti-war song than that one.   A friend of mine when I was a kid used to put that one on when we would start playing GDW's "The Third World War" series.

I have the Reikland to unify in Total War Warhammer,  Not really sure what else.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Toonces

The weather sucks here today, which is kind of nice because I don't feel obligated to be outside and can game guilt free!

Not entirely sure yet but some ideas are:

Scourge of War: Gettysburg.  The Grant series on History Channel kind has be craving some Civil War action.

Thanks to Jarhead, I found myself on that abandonware site yesterday downloading a game called Carrier Strike along with Carriers at War Complete.  Carrier Strike looks pretty deep and I managed to get it to run.  I'd like to work on that a bit and see if there's enough game there to cancel out the graphics.

If I can be bothered to get my hotas set back up I'd like to play a bit of WoFF.  I haven't flown in forever.

Cold Waters, CMO, and H3 Ultimate might get some time.

I think that's enough.  I never stick with these plans anyway.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Myrmidon

Getting worked over in the Grogheads MP Dominions 5 game.  People be hating on Skellies, but human sacrifice is evidently OK.   ;D

Any spare time after Dominions 5, and watching "Let's play Dominion 5" vids, will go to hopefully getting to take the Tortoise out some more in World of Tanks.