Author Topic: Epic Games Store 2020 Summer Sale  (Read 623 times)

Offline RedArgo

• Viking
Epic Games Store 2020 Summer Sale
« on: July 23, 2020, 03:30:25 PM »
So Epic is having their big sale through August 6th.

I really like the look of Anno 1800 and you can get the base game now for $25 or the whole collection for $55.  Anybody played it recently with the expansions and have opinions good or bad?  It isn't like I really need another game right now, but since when does that matter?

Offline steve58

• Condottieri
Re: Epic Games Store 2020 Summer Sale
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 03:40:23 PM »
Arg.  May have to look into getting Anno 1800 (base game) myself.  Hopefully that $10 off coupon will work during their sale.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 04:13:16 PM »
I love Anno 1800 but I would get 2-3 hours into the tutorial section of the campaign and always get shellacked. It is difficult.
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces

Offline RedArgo

• Viking
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 04:34:11 PM »
Thanks guys (I think), the $10 coupon does work, until 10/31, so I bought the complete version for $45.  Installing now, playing someday.

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 07:01:30 PM »
Let us know when you get past the tutorial.

- Toonces

Offline steve58

• Condottieri
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 12:29:52 PM »
I seem to be leaning more towards Industries of Titan than Anno 1800 ??? Of course IoT is not part of the sale, but for ~$20...maybe.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 06:38:00 PM »
Industries of Titan looks awesome.

- Toonces

Offline fran

• Equites
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 09:38:58 AM »
So Epic is having their big sale through August 6th.

I really like the look of Anno 1800 and you can get the base game now for $25 or the whole collection for $55.  Anybody played it recently with the expansions and have opinions good or bad?  It isn't like I really need another game right now, but since when does that matter?

Anno 1800 is a well-polished game, the fact that you can go between different worlds/climates is fun, in all not too challenging.

Cannot go wrong if you enjoy this kind of simulation world building worlds