Author Topic: Warhammer 40K: Darktide  (Read 176 times)

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
Warhammer 40K: Darktide
« on: July 24, 2020, 07:52:49 AM »
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 07:54:39 AM by Jarhead0331 »
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline WargamerJoe

• Viking
    • The Wargamer
Re: Warhammer 40K: Darktide
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 08:36:03 AM »
I never played Vermintide - is it a game that would translate well to 40K do we think?
Editor
Network N

www.wargamer.com
www.strategygamer.com

"Determining the appropriate level of interference in somebody else's war is never a simple matter." - Special Circumstances

Offline Destraex

• Man-at-Arms
Re: Warhammer 40K: Darktide
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 08:37:09 AM »
My initial thoughts upon seeing the trailer are that I don't know whether I can handle another hordes game:

Plz. Less hordes and more smart fighting enemies and enemy generals. More unit variety.
Their is only so much replayability even from level to level in a game that is just a shooting gallery where the only interesting thing is the number of enemies.
I would like to request tactics and variety of enemies. Vermintides enemies all seems the same.
Oh and story that is compelling. Vermintide's story was pedestrian at best.

So in closing. I am bored with hitpoints. Been playing fatshark games since war of the roses... love them. I know this will be good and love the setting. But am wondering if less enemies and more newer mechanics in a horde "left4dead" style game would add more character and atmosphere.

They have to have distinct groups that play in particular ways and have particular characters.

Also. I just noticed the trailer seemed to have a lot of melee enemies. So it will be like Deathwing (space hulk) I guess. Dumb enemies mindlessly streaming towards you.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"