Main Menu

SOCOM

Started by Jarhead0331, September 20, 2020, 04:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

The SOCOM series on the playstation 2 and 3 are some of the greatest combat games ever made. The campaigns, briefings, mission objectives, intel, combat, gear selection, team command features and environments were far far ahead of their time. Its sad that the series was abandoned, and even though there is talk that the series will return with PS5, I have always wished I could boot up the old titles.

Well, I recently learned that some of the titles are totally playable on PC. I spend some of the day getting it set up and I now have SOCOM 2, SOCOM 3 and SOCOM Combined Assault, totally playable on my PC. Its not entirely glitch free, but I'm impressed on how well it plays.   

I'll post some screens later, but in the meantime, if anyone is interested in getting up and running, start here (all the necessary links are in the description):

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 20, 2020, 04:09:19 PM
The SOCOM series on the playstation 2 and 3 are some of the greatest combat games ever made. The campaigns, briefings, mission objectives, intel, combat, gear selection, team command features and environments were far far ahead of their time. Its sad that the series was abandoned, and even though there is talk that the series will return with PS5, I have always wished I could boot up the old titles.

Well, I recently learned that some of the titles are totally playable on PC. I spend some of the day getting it set up and I now have SOCOM 2, SOCOM 3 and SOCOM Combined Assault, totally playable on my PC. Its not entirely glitch free, but I'm impressed on how well it plays.   

I'll post some screens later, but in the meantime, if anyone is interested in getting up and running, start here (all the necessary links are in the description):

I still have my original Socom 1 big box as well as the still working mic. The first 2 were amazing, the multiplayer was great and the single player campaigns were beyond awesome. Will bookmark these and check them out later. TY!