Author Topic: Pigs Gone Wild  (Read 806 times)

Offline airboy

• Crossbowman
    • averysgameblog
Re: Pigs Gone Wild
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2020, 03:25:23 PM »
^ That was the first information on this thread that I did not already know. 

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2020, 06:28:24 PM »
Re eating poisonous snakes: I learned that several decades ago, when I was a boy, from reading compilations of my grandparents' (even much older) Foxfire magazines. These were 'tame' hogs, but the principle still applies: they stomp on the heads of the snakes, and then

FLAY
THEM
ALIVE

--peeling the skins back. Until the snakes die. Or not, the hogs don't care. Skins go first either way.

I still have those, or Mom does rather. (The Foxfire compilations, not the hog-stripped snake skins.) It occurs to me now that some of those articles involve absolute rubbish tall tales, like snakes rolling along after tucking their tails in their mouths; but the snake-eating method sounded one thousand percent plausible to me.

In conclusion: hogs are like the Reavers from Firefly. Or maybe vice versa.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline solops

• Man-at-Arms
  • Woof!
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2020, 06:42:06 PM »
Next week I am going into full scale hog hunting mode, just like I have for the last several years. My wife and I compete. The hogs usually win. I come in last place in spite of having an IR scope and all of the other advantages I can come up with. I think the problem is that only the really greedy hogs are noisy and dumb enough to wake me up and get shot. I can tell you that the local hogs are now way too smart to get trapped. We keep trying, but no joy.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 06:43:43 PM by solops »
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2020, 09:02:27 PM »
Solops, my Wife used the same method to catch me. Except she used Bourbon instead of Diesel Fuel.  :2funny:    Wild Hogs are a true menace here in Fla. anywhere in the wild. A sow with piglets is just about the most dangerous animal on Earth.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline solops

• Man-at-Arms
  • Woof!
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2020, 06:05:36 AM »
Honestly, I think bourbon would work better for the hogs, but I am not THAT hard-core.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2020, 10:03:42 AM »
If we got them drunk enough, maybe they would crawl up on the grill by themselves.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2020, 04:39:27 PM »
If we got them drunk enough, maybe they would seem to crawl up on the grill by themselves.  :bd:

>:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2021, 09:37:26 PM »
More BACON!!!  :D

Offline airboy

• Crossbowman
    • averysgameblog
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2021, 06:14:18 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/west-virginia-announces-first-wild-boar-hunting-lottery

That was an odd story.  A State hunting lottery to hunt wild boar on a large stretch of private land.