Author Topic: Star Dynasties (aka Crusader Kings in Space)  (Read 377 times)

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
Star Dynasties (aka Crusader Kings in Space)
« on: October 16, 2020, 01:22:05 PM »
See Steam link below for demo.  (Oct 16-24)

Star Dynasties is a sci-fi strategy game set in a divided galaxy following the destruction of Earth - plunging humanity into a new Dark Age. Centuries later, the few surviving colonies have stabilized into a feudal society. The game mixes a light empire management strategy layer with a unique procedurally generated narrative of human drama and feudal politics, where your choices will define your story.

As the leader of a faction of star systems, you must ensure the survival and prosperity of your dynasty at any cost. Expand your empire, herd your unruly vassals, build political alliances, and navigate a web of agendas, political intrigue, and social obligations to emerge as the dominant power of the galaxy.

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/215832/star-dynasties-demo

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1194590/Star_Dynasties/
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 01:41:13 PM by steve58 »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
Re: Star Dynasties (aka Crusader Kings in Space)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 01:41:52 PM »
interesting...been waiting for something like this.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline solops

• Man-at-Arms
  • Woof!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 01:46:32 PM »
Looks like "The Sims" in space.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Offline al_infierno

• Viking
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 02:13:30 PM »
^ Is there a bladder meter I'm missing in the screenshots?   ;D  Or are you just commenting on the art style?

Looks interesting.
When the chimes end, pick up your gun.  Try and shoot me, Colonel.  Just try.
-El Indio, For a Few Dollars More

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?
- Cormac McCarthy

Offline solops

• Man-at-Arms
  • Woof!
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 02:29:56 PM »
No, just commenting. It sounds like it is all playing with people. If so, my daughter might get into it. She was breeding Sims or something back in the days of sim3. She really like setting up personalities  and turning them loose on each other and then managing the results.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Offline solops

• Man-at-Arms
  • Woof!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 02:32:26 PM »
Me, I hate people management. It was the WORST part of owning a business. And the second most critical.

Offline al_infierno

• Viking
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 02:55:16 PM »
I mean, have you played Crusader Kings?  It's basically medieval The Sims.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

- Cormac McCarthy

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 03:47:05 PM »
With more armies.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline al_infierno

• Viking
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2020, 03:53:58 PM »
And a lot more infanticide.   :hide:

- Cormac McCarthy

Offline solops

• Man-at-Arms
  • Woof!
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2020, 11:07:27 PM »
Yeah, strangely enough I liked CK2 better than EU4. This new game is not a Paradox product though, is it? I got the impression it was more people oriented.