Main Menu

Pumped Up FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, October 23, 2020, 08:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

DCS, Star Citizen, ARMA3 and some stuff on my Oculus Quest 2. Been having fun playing VR in different spots around the house.

Enjoy everyone.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

Video is not available in my country...what is it?

Haven't been playing much lately (actually nothing for the last 2 weeks). Have mostly watched tv shows (Bull, Murder she wrote, Soko Leipzig, FBI: Most Wanted).

I would love to come back to Rise of Venice and one space 4x, not sure which. Interstellar Space Genesis is going to get a new DLC soon so i'll wait until then.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Anguille on October 23, 2020, 09:11:02 AM

Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People live on David Letterman.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Believe it or not I am having a blast with Necrovision: Lost Company. Game is 10 years old and last night had a lot of crashes, etc., but I am 2/3 of the way through and love the weapons (there are tons) and of course the WWI horror setting. I think I bought it for like 88 cents in 2012 or something.

Great song, btw.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 23, 2020, 09:19:20 AM
Quote from: Anguille on October 23, 2020, 09:11:02 AM

Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People live on David Letterman.

Thanks. Found another version of it. Excellent.  :bd:

airboy

Modded Fallout New Vegas.

Fleet Commander Nimitz is all set up and ready to sail.

Gusington

Forgot to mention that I will be getting the critically acclaimed (and al-infierno supported) Phasmophobia, if anyone wants to join me in soiling their drawers.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on October 23, 2020, 09:20:31 AM
Believe it or not

I believe it.  What I can't believe is that I'm enjoying Sniper Elite 4.  Dopey and surreal though it is.  So that and boardgames.

Gusington

^Now that you mention it I am enjoying NecroVision more than Sniper Elite 4, which I played over the summer. Sniper Elite 4 got a bit repetitive for me, as the other games did too eventually. Probably unfair to compare the two.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

If anyone else ends up picking Phasmophobia definitely PM me or Gus.  I've got a number of ghost hunts under my belt and can help show y'all the ropes.  O0

As for me, I left my job last week and accepted a "voluntary" severance package in what appears to be a COVID-related cost cutting measure.  Between that and my savings, I'll be able to live comfortably at least through most of 2021 before I really need a new job, but sooner is better of course.  Honestly, I'm pretty OK with how it turned out - I'd been fairly unhappy there from the start, didn't get along with my first manager at all, and my second manager was only marginally better, so I'm just glad they made me an offer instead of making up some bullshit excuse to can me outright.

All this means for me is more time to play wargames and read books.   :bd:  Aside from the usual rounds of Dom 5 multiplayer, I've been playing Phasmophobia with a full party, which lets us reasonably explore the larger and more sprawling levels like High School and Asylum.  Now that I've found myself with a sudden abundance of free time, I've been spending a lot more of it reading.  I might even tackle a literary monster like Ulysses or Infinite Jest.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

airboy

^ Sorry about the bad news.  Hope you get a great job soon.

Gusington

Not sure whether to say congrats or condolences, al...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Thanks, both.  I'm leaning more towards congrats   ;D
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

What do you do for a living?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Technical writing, aka writing product manuals nobody ever reads except when they're frustrated because the thing they bought doesn't work.  :D

Thankfully there's lots of demand for that in techy areas like Silicon Valley.  Worst case scenario, there are a bunch of temp contracts available, but I'd obviously prefer to find another stable employment with benefits...

- MengJiao