Main Menu

Friday!

Started by Anguille, October 30, 2020, 07:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

A nice song in these election days!

Need to continue my Rise of Venice campaign. Am somewhat tempted to get that new species DLC for Stellaris.

Have a great weekend.

airboy

I'm playing tabletop Fleet Commander Nimitz and Vampire the Masquerade: The Coteries of New York which is like a living graphic novel or a choose your own adventure for those old enough to remember those.

Dammit Carl!

In the spirit of the season, it's zombie time!  Soooo7 Days to Die and Project Zomboid it is!  And if I can get it running, toss in some Killing Floor 2 action in as well - just picked it up on the cheap at Steam and am stoked as I spent tons of time on the first Killing Floor.

Watch the candy intake, folks, and have a good 'un.

Rayfer

Quote from: airboy on October 30, 2020, 08:19:27 AM
I'm playing tabletop Fleet Commander Nimitz and Vampire the Masquerade: The Coteries of New York which is like a living graphic novel or a choose your own adventure for those old enough to remember those.

Curious of your impressions of "Fleet Commander Nimitz".  I've read player opinions and it seems they either love it or hate it.

airboy

I'm strongly considering an AAR on my blog.  Since it is solitaire, no Vassal unless you want to shell out another $30 to DVG.  Thus, I have to use pictures which exceed the file limits for the forum.

The AAR will slow my play down, which usually gives me better results.

I have the 1942 Scenario up, and the Japanese have overwhelming strength in January in everything - especially carriers and superior tech fighters. 

There are some game factors which upset some people.  At the end of a turn all US fleet units must return to Pearl Harbor.  But in reality, that was the only replenishment center in the Pacific in 1942.  Australia did not have the supply/infrastructure.  In 1942 this means you are in port for 2 months if you sortie out of Hawaii.  Turns are two months in length - so your fleet elements have to return to port about half the time.  Some critics really dislike this - but on the other hand the fleet elements simply could not stay out to sea for 4-6 months at a time.  Japan had a huge base in Truk and several in Japan - so their supply point at Truk was pretty far forward compared to the USA.

The 2020 rules do not charge a supply point to move US units, which makes them a lot more flexible in use than the original rules.

Jarhead0331

My weekend gaming will be VR heavy...

First, will definitely be playing some DCS and testing out some of my new flight gear. Second, will most like play some Enter the Radius. This is basically S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in VR, and it's awesome. I'll also play Tales of Glory (Mount and Blade in VR) and Hellsplit Arena...another VR sword fighting game.  I like these VR sword fighting games because they get me up out of my seat and moving around.

Finally, I'll tinker around with Teardown and if I can get some of you of you guys to join me, play some Due Process.

If there is any time remaining...maybe some Stellaris, EotFS, or perhaps jump back into Aurora?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Would not expect you to play Coteries of New York, Airboy. What do you think of that?

Having enjoyed NecroVision: Lost Battalion much more than I should have, I have now started playing the original game, plain old NecroVision.

Tried to get into Phasmaphobia but was having voice recognition software issues...the game could not hear me.

May also dabble in Diablo III some, maybe some Vampyr and perhaps Control.

These are the waning days for my rig so I don't want to play anything too new...will save newer titles for the new rig next month.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on October 30, 2020, 10:06:38 AM

These are the waning days for my rig so I don't want to play anything too new...will save newer titles for the new rig next month.

I'm having a hard time resisting the urge to buy a new rig with an i9 processor and something in the GTX 3000 series. I really thought my system with a 2080ti would last for several years, but the GTX 3000s just blow the 2080ti away. Another $3,000 was not really in my budget though.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 30, 2020, 10:09:28 AM

I'm having a hard time resisting the urge to buy a new rig with an i9 processor and something in the GTX 3000 series. I really thought my system with a 2080ti would last for several years, but the GTX 3000s just blow the 2080ti away. Another $3,000 was not really in my budget though.
Man, i wish i had $1000 for a new laptop...that would already be a game changer for me. :(

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Anguille on October 30, 2020, 10:29:52 AM
Man, i wish i had $1000 for a new laptop...that would already be a game changer for me. :(

Word.

nelmsm

Finally sitting down and getting into Hearts of Iron IV.  Been playing as Italy mainly to learn.  That and files for my PBEM games and some more playtesting for JTS.

Gusington

I've been saving for a while and prepping The Wife for Black Friday...new GTX 3000-based PC (2000 if they become very scarce), new 35" monitor, and perhaps even a VR set. My maximum budget is 4k so not dead set on getting a VR but we'll see. Have a lengthening list of games unplayable on my current rig (Gears Tactics, Star Wars: Squadrons) and it is 5+ years old so its time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Tried to get into Phasmaphobia but was having voice recognition software issues...the game could not hear me.

Maybe it's just that there was nobody there

Gusington

...or was it all an elaborate hoax...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Dealing with the retail reality from hell, and I would rather not get into it.

Anyway I have reached the point where I last played Pharaoh - Rostja (Giza).  It is time to build Khufu's pyramid and his son Khefre's pyramid and the Sphinx with Khefre's image carved on it.  It is a very difficult one in pyramid building because by this time your pyramids are using a combination of limestone and plain stone. Also you're pretty much down to hunting ostrich meat to feed your populace, conditions are going to suck.  I can keep them fed, and then healthy that's it. Maybe entertained to alleviate some of the misery, but the goal is  BUILD THE THREE MONUMENTS at any cost, and it is a long long long mission because you have to import limestone, then the burial goods as well.

Plus there's the GOG, Steam sales to look at so we'll see.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose