Author Topic: Matrix 2020 Holiday Sale  (Read 3252 times)

Offline Grim.Reaper

• Crossbowman
Matrix 2020 Holiday Sale
« on: November 24, 2020, 04:32:54 PM »
Isn't tomorrow the usual start of the Matrix holiday sale, I think they typically begin the day before Thanksgiving?

I hate to admit it but even if they have a sale, there really isn't a single thing I want as in past sales I pretty much picked up everything I wanted.  Oh well, another tradition down the drain.....

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Aboard the Praetor's Pride
Re: Matrix 2020 Holiday Sale
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 04:43:10 PM »
Don't give up hope.  You never know what your eye my catch if the price is right.
Forgive me my old friend.  But I must use all my experience...to get home.

Offline berto

• Velites
  • have war gamed for 55+ years
    • PIKT
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 06:22:22 PM »
Isn't tomorrow the usual start of the Matrix holiday sale, I think they typically begin the day before Thanksgiving?
Yes, Thanksgiving Eve, IIRC.

I hate to admit it but even if they have a sale, there really isn't a single thing I want as in past sales I pretty much picked up everything I wanted.
+1

If I am honest, I confess I will likely cave in and pick up a title or two or three.  If I am brutally honest, I must admit that I will likely never take time to learn or play them.  So what's the point?  :P
Campaign Series Legion, http://cslegion.com
Campaign Series: Middle East Lead Coder, http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Battles Lead Coder, http://johntillersoftware.com/PanzerBattles.html
Civil War Battles Lead Coder, http://johntillersoftware.com/CivilWarBattles.html

Online airboy

• Crossbowman
    • averysgameblog
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 07:39:09 PM »
Order of Battle is very good (except Kriegsmarine).

Stirring Abyss is new and I liked it quite a bit.

Offline FarAway Sooner

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 09:12:52 AM »
It's easy for me to remember when the Matrix Holiday Sale starts, because it is invariably 1-6 days AFTER my Anniversary Discount coupon expires!   ;D

Ah well, I had a good excuse to pick up Shadow Empire.  It's like Distant Worlds Universe meets Gamma World!

Offline Grim.Reaper

• Crossbowman
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 09:23:36 AM »
It's easy for me to remember when the Matrix Holiday Sale starts, because it is invariably 1-6 days AFTER my Anniversary Discount coupon expires!   ;D

Ah well, I had a good excuse to pick up Shadow Empire.  It's like Distant Worlds Universe meets Gamma World!

Yep, mine expired 8 days ago.....

Offline Lotti Fuehrscheim

• Equites
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 10:58:02 AM »
Mine overlap, so I will buy some modules for Gladius, Galactica and Fantasy General.

Offline Pete Dero

• Condottieri
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 11:24:10 AM »
No Matrix sale but Steam sale just started.

Order of Battle DLC is 60% off.  (and most Matrix/Slitherine games are also on sale : Fantasy General -40% - Gladius -65% - ...).

Of course many other non-Matrix games are also included in the fall sale.

Offline Dammit Carl!

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 01:06:01 PM »
Can say, matter-of-factly, that there is absolutely nothing I want from Matrix at this point in time.  I'm good.

(but, I've not looked at the Matrix site in a bit...so just one look won't hurt...right?)

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2020, 01:20:31 PM »
 8)

Fantasy General 2 is on sale, you say?
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces

Offline WYBaugh

• Equites
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2020, 03:50:09 PM »
I should probably know this but would you guys recommend BG Deadlock or Gladius?

Offline Grim.Reaper

• Crossbowman
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2020, 04:10:03 PM »
Kind of strange that there is no sale today or really any talk of one...maybe they are skipping it this year....

Offline Father Ted

• Viking
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2020, 04:12:09 PM »
Can say, matter-of-factly, that there is absolutely nothing I want from Matrix at this point in time.  I'm good.

This where I'm at.  I keep looking through the catalogue, but there is nothing I don't have, or that has been championed on these boards as something I *should* have.

Offline Lotti Fuehrscheim

• Equites
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2020, 04:22:53 PM »
I should probably know this but would you guys recommend BG Deadlock or Gladius?

I have had 27 hours of fun with Gladius and only 7 hours with Galactica.

I have tried watching the current Galactica TV shows, but I rather read 1950's pulp SF, instead of what they made of it there.
The mechanics of BGD space combat are dimensionally absurd, but still interesting challenges, I guess.

Offline WYBaugh

• Equites
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2020, 04:40:22 PM »

I have had 27 hours of fun with Gladius and only 7 hours with Galactica.

I have tried watching the current Galactica TV shows, but I rather read 1950's pulp SF, instead of what they made of it there.
The mechanics of BGD space combat are dimensionally absurd, but still interesting challenges, I guess.

Thank you for the feedback.  BGD has great reviews but I have to agree with you that I was questioning the combat from watching videos.