Supreme Ruler - The latest update

Started by Jarhead0331, January 21, 2021, 02:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I'm just going to leave this here...Leave the discussion here related to the game. No politics!

BattleGoat Studios is pleased to announce a special Inauguration Week Update for its global real-time strategy title Supreme Ruler Ultimate. The new content update features the latest election results from around the world, and we welcome Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as the latest world leaders included in the game.

In addition, the Supreme Ruler Trump Rising DLC, which was released during the 2016 Presidential Election campaign, will finally be removed from the Steam storefront. The Trump Rising DLC was released in 2016 as a parody of Making America Great Again, and our intention was to remove it from Steam after Donald Trump lost the election - Instead his rise to the Presidency extended the life of the DLC, and had us releasing new content in 2017 and 2018 as well.

The Inauguration Week Update features a brand new Sandbox, "Are We Great Yet", which features a divided America on the brink of civil war on July 4th, 2021. With competing regions of the United States led by Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders and Liz Cheney, players must use whatever resources are at their disposal - diplomatic or military - to re-unite America and restore its status in the world.

Supreme Ruler Ultimate features scenarios, campaigns and sandboxes from 1936 to the near future, allowing players to take control of nearly any region in the world, for single-player and multi-player games. With the addition of the Century Bundle / Great War DLC, players can start from 1914 and play well into the 21st century. And earlier this year we added Steam Workshop support to SRU, with dozens of mods now posted by our community.

The Supreme Ruler franchise continues to be the longest-running game franchise currently still in development, having started with the original text-based strategy game on the TRS-80 in 1982, and now continuing with work on Supreme Ruler Next Generation (working title) to bring significant new updates and features to the series. Progress also continues on our new space-based strategy title, Galactic Ruler, now in Early Access release on Steam and receiving great feedback from our player community.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I would love to see their sales numbers from 2016 on.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

I did not care for Hearts of Iron or Crusader Kings.

How does Supreme Ruler compare to Hearts of Iron? 

Hearts of Iron moved at a snails pace, the logistics system never worked right, and it seemed like the game was playing with itself more than you were running your nation's affairs.  Hearts of Iron would sea-saw between uber-uber micromanagement of research to just micromanagement of research.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: airboy on January 21, 2021, 03:37:28 PM

Hearts of Iron moved at a snails pace, the logistics system never worked right, and it seemed like the game was playing with itself more than you were running your nation's affairs.  Hearts of Iron would sea-saw between uber-uber micromanagement of research to just micromanagement of research.

This probably would not appeal to you.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

Unrelated but I love the new sig image, JH.

AVENGE ME
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

steve58

Quote from: al_infierno on January 21, 2021, 04:04:49 PM
Unrelated but I love the new sig image, JH.

AVENGE ME

Ditto.  Entertaining movie.    O0
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

airboy

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 21, 2021, 04:03:47 PM
Quote from: airboy on January 21, 2021, 03:37:28 PM

This probably would not appeal to you.

Thanks!

Gusington

JH's sig image is actually a recycled old image that I took of him about 12 years ago.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Myrmidon

Supreme Ruler Ultimate is on sale on Steam for like 60-75% off, if anyone was looking at playing it.