Main Menu

Friday Kuba

Started by Anguille, June 18, 2021, 02:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

This a band from my hometown (small with 17'000 inhabitants). Cool sommer song with one of the prettiest girls i've ever seen.

I've been playing various games this week so it's going to be an eclectic weekend:

- Conflict Desert Storm still haven't finished the last 2 missions
- Stronghold Warldords got the feeling i'll need the entire year to finish that one.
- Stellaris huge galaxy
- Polaris Sector huge galaxy, did anyone ever finish a game of this?
- Rise & Fall: Civilizations at war (love this unique mix)

Light Food also wrote the official hymn for our city (Grenchen). You see my city in the video. Swiss folk music.

Wish you all a great sommer weekend.  :arr:

Pete Dero

^ I understand German and I believe the song is in German but with their Swiss dialect I can make nothing out of it  :peace:.

Also : I find the Swiss country side has changed a lot since my last visit when I watch that first video.  The girls look the same but I miss the mountains  ;).

I can only focus on one game at a time so it will be just War in The East for me.

Jarhead0331

DCS MI 24 Hind, Red Solstice 2, Mechwarrior 5, Phantom Brigade and maybe Phoenix Point.

Everyone enjoy.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tripoli

Field of Glory tournament, Dangerous Waters, Burden of Command work and messing around with Wildermyth.  Possibly working on the  "South Mountain" AAR in Scourge of War.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Anguille

Quote from: Pete Dero on June 18, 2021, 03:43:01 AM
^ I understand German and I believe the song is in German but with their Swiss dialect I can make nothing out of it  :peace:.
Also : I find the Swiss country side has changed a lot since my last visit when I watch that first video.  The girls look the same but I miss the mountains  ;).
Yeah, Swiss German is tough to learn and understand. Afaik, it's the first friday thread with a song in Swiss German.... :D

Dammit Carl!

I've kinda rotated back to my "comfort," games of Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm 2 to complement Arma-time (and, in conjunction Iron Front: Liberation 1944 which is also on the HD at the moment).  Forgot how much fun a good game of Rising Storm 2 can be.

Eyeing the new content for Arma and wondering how easy/hard it would be to do a "Twilight 2000," kinda scenario.  Hmmm.

Have a good one, folks, and stay safe.

devoncop

Continuing the delightful Wildermyth into the second Campaign and after finishing a decidedly mediocre 7th in my first ever playthrough of Victoria 2 as Japan will decide on either a new playthrough as a more advanced nation or a new game of Imperiums Greek Wars.

Good times.

Have a great weekend all.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

No gaming for me this weekend - after a year plus I am finally able to drive into NYC to see my real life best friends again. Wish me luck. And Happy Father's Day all!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on June 18, 2021, 10:22:02 AM
No gaming for me this weekend - after a year plus I am finally able to drive into NYC to see my real life best friends again. Wish me luck. And Happy Father's Day all!

Nice. Stay safe and enjoy.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

CJReich46

Well off today

Some chores to do.

But mostly Distant Worlds Universe (RetreatUE mod). Maybe something else. Not entirely sure.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Myrmidon

Ever more Dominions 5 MP games for me.  In the Grogsgame, I barely but stubbornly hang on as Lemuria(stan), thwarting never ending invasions by would be conquerors.

Other than that, got a Spartan vs Thracian match going down in FoG2.  Any other spare time shall be spent dabbling in Wizards and Warlords.

Happy weekend to you all!

Destraex

Mechwarrior5 - I now have 3 other friends that potentially could fill out my coop campaign roster. Most I have had is me, two friends and one AI before.

Apart from that hoping to get some star citizens and who knows what else in.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

MengJiao

Going on vacation until some time in August.  Just Dungeons and dragons and maybe settlers of catan with the kids.

Sir Slash

Happy Father's Day, Grogs indeed. Rome 2 with DEI if time allows it. Below you'll see our latest addition to Rome's Siege Arsenal, the Tortoise. The North African city of Capsa's stone walls are no match for it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Anguille

Hope everything went well and you had a good time.