Main Menu

FRIDAY Power

Started by al_infierno, January 07, 2022, 03:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

Kickin' off the weekend with some modern Judas Priest, who have somehow managed to stay consistently awesome for like 50 years now.   \m/

This weekend will be some dice throwing, Ready or Not, and probably some chit shuffling in one wargame or another.

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Some VTOL VR (Just released the AH-94 DLC!), M&B Bannerlord, Star Citizen and perhaps some more screwing around with Ready or Not and Ground Branch.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

:notworthy: respect to Judas Priest

Continuing playing through A Plague Tale, which is consistently awesome, I'm about a third of the way through. Trying out the 1100AD mod for Rome 2 TW, perhaps some Siege Survival: Gloria Victis and I hope to unlock and start playing through the Russian campaign in Age of Empires IV

\m/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I'll echo Gus's respect for Judas Priest.  Good choice Al. 

I've got a ton of Total War goodness on my table thanks to some really cool mods. 

I also picked up Transport Fever 2.  It's definitely fun for sure but this is the kind of game (imho) that's meant to be enjoyed in bite sized pieces.  Eat too much and you will burn out and never come back again. 

Last but not least I'll probably fit in some Civ6 and Heroes & Generals. 

As for board gaming I also picked up Storm Over Dien Bien Phu by MMP.  I've read the rules and seems like a fairly easy enough game to play.  Now if I can just kick my daughter out of my man cave so I can setup my game. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tripoli

BoC.  Work on the Flashpoints, CMO AAR.  Playing a PBEM game of Kernstown with AZ Tank for an AAR (Just finished up the 1st turn with him).  And with the discussion of UA: Dreadnaughts and Rule the Waves, I'm thinking about publishing an AAR I started in RtW2.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

Daughter in the man cave?? That's a red card violation there.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on January 07, 2022, 05:31:39 PM
Daughter in the man cave?? That's a red card violation there.

Big time violation.  I may have to exercise my authoritaay!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Starting Resident Evil Village and continuing cruising the universe in Elite Dangerous.