Steam summer sale has started!

Started by Fetrik, June 23, 2022, 01:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fetrik

Get your buys in.

The sale end at 7/7.

SirAndrewD

I can't for the life of me think of anything I want this time around. 

Doesn't mean I'm not going to spend a boat load.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

Lucky for me I just went back to playing Elder Scrolls Online.  That should blunt any enthusiasm for pruning my wishlist this time around.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Redwolf

I got
- UBOAT
- Aircraft Carrier Survival

Didn't know I need them. Unlikely I ever play them :D

Cool games tho

W8taminute

I got a good feeling about this one even though nothing on my wishlist is deeply discounted. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

FlickJax

i havent really played any of the last dozen or so games i bought... must be getting old

CJReich46

Quote from: FlickJax on June 24, 2022, 03:04:40 AM
i havent really played any of the last dozen or so games i bought... must be getting old

Ditto. However there might be a few I might be interested in.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Lollipop Guild

I bought a DLC for Command Ops 2, Highway to the Reich which was -40% off. I was tempted by War in the East 2 too but was hoping for more than -30% off. I'm still considering it though since it's obviously still a very good price. Sort of game I could see myself playing forever. 

Ian C

I literally have dozens of games I've never played or even installed from STEAM sales. Yet, I'll buy even more.

W8taminute

Welcome aboard Lollipop Guild!

I'm also interested in War in the East 2 but I was hoping for a bit more discount off of the retail price. 

Ian I too have quite a few games I've bought, never installed or played, and I keep buying more.  I've got games I thought I wanted so badly that after playing for a few too many hours past the return policy I am suffering from buyers remorse. 

But I'll most likely buy something during this sale.  Haha!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

I had added about $150 in games to my shopping cart, and was in the process of methodically dialing back (while checking for possible additions elsewhere) -- I had gotten somewhere below $100 already -- when all of a sudden, I noticed my shopping cart was empty.

After confirming my cart was suddenly empty, I panicked momentarily wondering if I had somehow purchased the remainder without realizing it (the panic would be about 'not realizing it'); but I also confirmed no new purchases.

So Steam quietly dumped the remaining games out of my cart, without my consent.

......thus tamping down my interest in buying more games I probably won't play during this sale!  :clap: :bd: :hide:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

Father Ted

Quote from: Lollipop Guild on June 24, 2022, 09:43:32 AM
I bought a DLC for Command Ops 2, Highway to the Reich which was -40% off. I was tempted by War in the East 2 too but was hoping for more than -30% off. I'm still considering it though since it's obviously still a very good price. Sort of game I could see myself playing forever.

So obvs the DLC for Command Ops is a solid purchase - fantastic game.  WitE 2 is also stellar, but, as you say, time constraints apply