FRIDAY in a trashcan

Started by Pete Dero, November 11, 2022, 05:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Terra Invicta and Anno 1800.

Have a fun weekend.

bobarossa

Great song!

More Shadow Empires but I'm getting a hankering for some Russia bashing in WitE 2.  Haven't played it in at least a year.

Geezer

Put Terra Invicta on hold for now as I'm playing New World on one of the new fresh start servers.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

On a business trip in La Paz, Bolivia, so playing on my old utrabook:

- Civilization 3: Conquest as the Incas (the mesoamerica scenario).
- Sherlock Holmes adventure
- Gates of Troy

Have a good weekend

Destraex

* DCS
* Iron Harvest
* AOE IV
* WARNO
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Phantom

Yes, great song - not heard of them before - looks like a little trawling through YouTube Music to accompany my game of Distant Plain.

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on November 11, 2022, 11:17:46 PM
* DCS
* Iron Harvest
* AOE IV
* WARNO

Maybe some DCS, definitely some Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts and some boardgames

Rayfer

Great video PS....never heard of them but really like the song and their sound.  Still playing more boardgames than on the PC.  Winding down from Warfighter and looking to get Sherman Leader on the table.

FarAway Sooner

For me it would be Distant Worlds 2, but I've run into a little bug in my current save that has me temporarily looking for another alternative rather than restarting.  So maybe it'll be Old World or Unity of Command 2, unless my family gets a new puppy, in which case it'll likely be playing Dog 5.0!

al_infierno

It's movie weekend for me.  Barnes and Noble has a 50% off sale on Criterion so I came home with a grab bag of goodies.  What to watch first?   :dreamer:

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

^I have not seen the others but Miller's Crossing is incredible.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

You haven't seen Come and See!?  Dude, that's absolutely essential Grognard viewing!  Real bleak view of the life of Partisans in Eastern Europe during WW2.

But yeah, Miller's Crossing is definitely a top 5 all-time film for me.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

I know, I know...is Come and See streaming anywhere? I only see physical copies available :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18