Author Topic: Zero Hour  (Read 613 times)

Offline al_infierno

• Man-at-Arms
  • Giudecca in the hell of unknowing
Re: Zero Hour
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 06:57:23 PM »
Holy crap, I finally cracked the first mission.  Got 4 penalties for unauthorized force.  One of them was because I got startled and shot the gun out of someone's hand before they could react (I think they would have surrendered anyway).  The second was when I got startled and shot someone who was surrendering point blank in the chest.   :-"  I'm not sure what the other 2 were from, but I assume they were from reacting too quickly and shooting someone before they could choose between "surrender" or "fight."  Compared to SWAT 4, it's quite a bit harder to distinguish the animations (or I'm not used to them yet).  It would be cool if they add the "fake surrender" animations from SWAT.
It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Offline Silent Disapproval Robot

• Crossbowman
Re: Zero Hour
« Reply #16 on: Today at 09:04:33 AM »
I got 90/100 on mission 1, 100/100 on mission 2 (it was very easy).  3 of us tackled mission 3 and managed to get 40/100 as it's even tougher than mission one but the advancement parameters are easier.  Currently stuck on mission 4.  Its fun but very tough as there's a time limit.  I've come very close to beating it a few times but always manage to catch a round or walk into a tripwire just as I'm about to complete the objectives.  My best is 30/100 so far.  Need 40 to advance