Author Topic: Dominions 3 MP game [Running]  (Read 76307 times)

Offline Yskonyn

• Landsknecht
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
Re: Dominions 3 MP game [Running]
« Reply #525 on: May 02, 2013, 07:58:41 PM »
Thanks guys! It was my pleasure!
I hope we keep on playing in the future.

No, I am not AI yet. New turn is now in my inbox, so the red button shall be pressed next.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.

Offline Yskonyn

• Landsknecht
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #526 on: May 03, 2013, 04:27:06 AM »
I have gone AI.
And so the saga of Caelum ends.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #527 on: May 03, 2013, 06:26:33 AM »
{bow}{brofist}{bowfist}  :D

Now I can take a few spare troops and invade the territories I was helping protect!  8)

(Note: probably not. I'm only holding on at the moment to test out some things. I can't imagine surviving to endgame.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Yskonyn

• Landsknecht
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #528 on: May 03, 2013, 08:16:43 AM »
Heh it was a fun one and my rather impressive start gave me hope.
Caelum is a hard nation to keep touch during the course of the game, though. Made even harder by getting invaded by Giants! We're tiny, darnit!

Offline undercovergeek

• Arquebusier
« Reply #529 on: May 03, 2013, 08:41:06 AM »
Heh it was a fun one and my rather impressive start gave me hope.
Caelum is a hard nation to keep touch during the course of the game, though. Made even harder by getting invaded by Giants! We're tiny, darnit!

excuse me, I invaded YOU???????

Offline Yskonyn

• Landsknecht
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #530 on: May 03, 2013, 11:36:00 AM »
Of course you did.

Offline undercovergeek

• Arquebusier
« Reply #531 on: May 03, 2013, 02:09:23 PM »
The aar shall tell the truth

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #532 on: May 03, 2013, 03:46:36 PM »
Well... that wasn't what I expected to happen, exactly. But okay. Let's go with that for a while.

Also.... BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAA, THE EATER OF THE DEAD RAN AWAY FROM PROVINCE DEFENSE, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAAHAHA....

Oh well. Although there a couple of other things I want to try, I don't have a clue how to 'get there' to make the experiment, so I'm handing the faction over to the AI this turn. Looking forward to the AAR, U'geek!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 04:16:29 PM by JasonPratt »
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline undercovergeek

• Arquebusier
« Reply #533 on: May 04, 2013, 12:05:39 AM »
Yeah - do not put him on guard commander and then have the commander go feeble minded at the same time!

How you took the capital I've no idea - tis only temporary

Offline Huw the Poo

• Landsknecht
« Reply #534 on: May 04, 2013, 01:41:49 AM »
Yeah - do not put him on guard commander and then have the commander go feeble minded at the same time!

I really struggle with the battle mechanics sometimes.  I had a fight with one of Ysk's armies a few turns back that I really should have won but didn't.  He attacked me with a few infantry and some mammoths.  I only had local units, however half of them were armed with blowpipes which were successfully keeping the mammoths paralysed and we were slowly killing them.  Their infantry was killing mine but we were also killing theirs at an even pace.  If things had kept going we would've won with about half our forces remaining, but suddenly we broke and fled the battlefield.

I guess that one comes down to having units with low morale, but it really sucked.

Offline Huw the Poo

• Landsknecht
« Reply #535 on: May 04, 2013, 09:02:26 AM »
I'm fed up of this game now.

Offline undercovergeek

• Arquebusier
« Reply #536 on: May 04, 2013, 09:26:47 AM »
lol - whats happened now

and you are nor engaged in the benny hill style antics of chasing mictlan round my territories, losing them 1 turn and taking them back the next - its great fun

Offline Huw the Poo

• Landsknecht
« Reply #537 on: May 04, 2013, 11:28:04 AM »
lol - whats happened now

Storming the castle is just too hard.  Due to the enemy dominion, my troops are half dead by the time they get there, and perform abysmally in battle, being unable to take out units that would have been no problem at all, all else being equal.  The enemy repeatedly casts a spell called Blade Wind which absolutely decimates my troops every turn.  And the enemy dominion also makes for very low morale, ensuring that my squads break very quickly.  I can't see a way of breaking through without gathering up at least 500 troops and sending them in...by which time the strength 900 walls will have been repaired, will have to be broken down again, leaving my new army half dead again.

I despair.  I'll be able to win eventually through sheer force but it will take forever and I don't think I can be bothered.  I'm sorry to say it but I might go AI.

Offline undercovergeek

• Arquebusier
« Reply #538 on: May 04, 2013, 11:49:04 AM »
lol - whats happened now
I'm sorry to say it but I might go AI.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

ill take the castle - you move east!

Offline Huw the Poo

• Landsknecht
« Reply #539 on: May 04, 2013, 12:11:10 PM »
It's alright, I've calmed down now.  I'll try a different strategy...just need to figure out what.  :-\