Author Topic: Democracy 3  (Read 11780 times)

Offline bbmike

• Crossbowman
    • AAR Central
Re: Democracy 3
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2014, 07:16:00 PM »
$6.24 on GOG for another hour...tempted  :-\

I was to but I read that it was too easy to change government types/not very realistic. And for that reason, I'm out.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

“Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth.”
-Clifford D. Simak

Offline Silent Disapproval Robot

• Crossbowman
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2014, 09:06:28 PM »
I bought it from GOG last week when it was $6.24 but haven't really done much other than fire it up to have a look so far.

Offline steve58

• Condottieri
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2014, 07:11:31 AM »
I decided to pass on it for now...maybe I'll get it if it shows up even cheaper...
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2014, 10:41:23 AM »
It is not even slightly realistic, except in the sense of giving an idea of how various changes affect other issues.

As a socio-cultural strategy game, though, it works pretty well. Think of it like a Euro game, with far more in-depth tracking of what results in what.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Geezer

• Viking
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2020, 06:17:28 AM »
Apologies for a 6 year thread necro but Democracy 4 is now out in alpha for $26.99.

https://www.positech.co.uk/democracy4/
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Offline Geezer

• Viking
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2020, 05:50:04 AM »
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw