Your most anticipated release of 2014

Started by Jarhead0331, May 19, 2014, 04:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

Civilization Beyond Earth does look good. Wasteland 2 too.

For me the #1 has to be the new Cinemaware release of Wings, comes out next month.

And Limey Crush of course.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

eyebiter

Al

Order of Battle Pacific.  I think it's supposed to be out this year.
Al

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Civilization: beyond earth
ship breakers (the Homeworld MMO thingy)...although i haven't heard much on this so I'm not holding out much hope
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

RooksBailey

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 19, 2014, 04:38:01 PM
Beyond question...Warhammer 40K - Armageddon. It looks like it is going to be awesome. Yes, its got Titans!

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/emperors-panzers-warhammer-40k-armageddon-preview/

That was a very good article!  I am definitely looking forward to it. 

For me, I would say Elite: Dangerous as a potential buy.  Just for curiosity: Watch_Dogs.  I am curious to see if it lives up to the hype.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

tgb

Civilization Beyond Earth
Endless Legend (although I have doubts about it making it out this year)
Wasteland II
Distant Worlds:Universe (well, my most anticipated this week,anyway)

Con

I am hoping for Command Ops Mediterranean Pack in 2014
Other than that I would like to see more games for the iPad since that is now my gaming platform when I travel

Con

skeptical.platypus

I'm intentionally not paying attention to the gaming horizon, and so far ignorance has had it's moments. If Battlefront's Black Sea is a 2014 release, that's very near the top of  my list.

I also very much look forward to playing the heck of Civilization: Beyond Assault War Modern Strike.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Martok

Boy, that's a tough one for me.  I'm trying real hard to *not* anticipate any upcoming releases too much, as I wish to minimize the chances of disappointment (I'm only too aware my expectations are likely otherwise unreasonably high for most of the games I'm looking forward to). 

That being said...  As both a 4x gamer and frequent Kickstarter backer (at least last year), Predestination and Worlds of Magic are probably the front-runners for me personally.  However, I would be remiss if I didn't also mention StarDrive 2, Sovereignty: Crown of Kings, and Distant Worlds: Universe as well; all these strategy titles are certainly in the running. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Kushan

Right now there's really not a a lot I'm looking forward to. Other then Distant Worlds Universe, which will be out this week, Wasteland 2, End All Wars, Sovereignty: Crown of Kings, Starpoint Gemini 2 are the only ones. The full release of Xenonauts deserves to be mentioned, but its already a solid game as it is.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Greybriar

Worlds of Magic, particularly since I backed it on both of its Kickstarters.

Civilization: Beyond Earth sounds more like a sequel to Alpha Centauri to me than an addition to the Civilization series, but I will undoubtedly pick it up upon its release.

Another title I am looking forward to is Wasteland II.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

bbmike

Quote from: Greybriar on May 20, 2014, 12:03:18 AM
Worlds of Magic, particularly since I backed it on both of its Kickstarters.

That's another one I'm waiting for. I'm hoping it turns out to be the best fantasy 4x to date.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak