Your most anticipated release of 2014

Started by Jarhead0331, May 19, 2014, 04:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgb

I forgot to mention Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager.  I bought this end of last year on Early Access, and it's very much a different (and much better) game today than originally announced, thanks to Matrix listening to the player base.

Anguille

I have to say that there's no game i am really really looking forward to and this seems to repeat itself for the last few years. I remember when i was looking forward to Birth of the federation, Master of Orion III, Knigths of Honor or Imperium Romanum...these were good years. Don't misunderstand me, i think there's bunch of good games coming up and there were maybe never as many coming out in the past. I hadn't really though much about it so far.

So the ones i am the most looking forward to (without too much excitement):

- Ageod's Hannibal: Terror of Rome and To end all wars.
- Sovereignty: Crown of Kings
- Worlds of Magic (i am one of the kickstarters)
- Ultimate General: Gettysburg
- M.O.R.E.
- Starpoing Gemini 2
- Lords of the Black Sun
- Predestination

Martok

Quote from: Anguille on May 20, 2014, 07:21:39 AM
I have to say that there's no game i am really really looking forward to and this seems to repeat itself for the last few years. I remember when i was looking forward to Birth of the federation, Master of Orion III, Knigths of Honor or Imperium Romanum...these were good years. Don't misunderstand me, i think there's bunch of good games coming up and there were maybe never as many coming out in the past. I hadn't really though much about it so far.
I think that sums up my own feelings on the subject fairly well.  There are a number of titles due to be released this year that sound promising (and at least a few of which I think will be good), it's just there aren't any I'm particularly chomping at the bit for right now. 

- Lords of the Black Sun aka FKAP (formerley known as Predestination?)
Formerly Star LordsPredestination is a separate 4x title.  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

Quote from: Martok on May 20, 2014, 07:30:11 AM
I think that sums up my own feelings on the subject fairly well.  There are a number of titles due to be released this year that sound promising (and at least a few of which I think will be good), it's just there aren't any I'm particularly chomping at the bit for right now. 
Indeed!

Quote from: Martok on May 20, 2014, 07:30:11 AM
- Lords of the Black Sun aka FKAP (formerley known as Predestination?)
Formerly Star LordsPredestination is a separate 4x title.  :)
I got mixed up! They all look the same to me at this point....

Gusington

I like how guys say "oh I'm not looking forward to much" and then rattle off. 5-6 titles they're looking forward to :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on May 20, 2014, 07:45:20 AM
I like how guys say "oh I'm not looking forward to much" and then rattle off. 5-6 titles they're looking forward to :)
Can't help myself  O:-)

Gusington

Neither can any of the rest of us :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: bob48 on May 19, 2014, 04:41:49 PM
Certainly on my list.

So far I'm mostly anticipating Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad

tgb

Re: Sovereignity coming out this year, from one of the developers on the Matrix forum:

QuoteFirst of all, the tutorial needs to work properly. Then the game needs to be enjoyable to continue to be played by beta testers. You can sign up when we feel a beta is feasible if you want and test it.

Therefore, we don't have a release date yet.

That was posted yesterday, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sir Slash

I'm still waiting, and hoping, on GOG to do the Gold Box series from the old SSI days. Can't think of anything else that gets my Selma Hayek  :smitten: on unless it would be a Rome 2 version of Rome 1's Barbarian Invasion.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Rayfer

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 20, 2014, 09:25:47 AM
I'm still waiting, and hoping, on GOG to do the Gold Box series from the old SSI days. Can't think of anything else that gets my Selma Hayek  :smitten: on unless it would be a Rome 2 version of Rome 1's Barbarian Invasion.

Hadn't thought of those games in years. Lots of fond memories there. But is it nostalgia or would they still be fun today? Regardless, if they did come out I would certainly buy one to find out.

Greybriar

Quote from: Gusington on May 20, 2014, 07:45:20 AM

Thanks for that. It made me laugh.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Tinkershuffle

Valiant Hearts: The Great War looks nice.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm not really anticipating anything especially.  I did pre-order Murdered: Soul Suspect from Gamersgate a while back.  Should be out right about the time I return from holiday.  Hope it's good.

bbmike

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 20, 2014, 09:25:47 AM

Not sure what a Gold Box is but if SSI's Soldiers at War is in there, and it works without cursor problems, I'm in.

I do know what a Selma Hayek is though.  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak