Your most anticipated release of 2014

Started by Jarhead0331, May 19, 2014, 04:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatter

The only game I am even vaguely aware of is Order of Battle: Pacific. It seems like a really good idea I underestimated at first.

Kushan

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

TacticalWargames

Graviteam tactics Muis front.
Watch Dogs
Elite
Ageod WW1 (a possible)

Gusington

Nice...thanks for posting Kushan.

I also agree with Sir Slash...if there is a Rome 2: Barbarian Invasion somewhere on the horizon that becomes my most anticipated...isn't there also a Warhammer TW somewhere in development?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: Swatter on May 20, 2014, 03:31:01 PM
The only game I am even vaguely aware of is Order of Battle: Pacific. It seems like a really good idea I underestimated at first.

When is that going to be released?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

BBMike--- The Gold Box series was SSI's RPG with TSR to do AD&D. Confused yet? From way back in the 80's time period when everything had a lot of letters in it's name. Did that help clear it up any? :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

sandman2575

Care to say more, Swatter? In my own mind, I've kind of dismissed Order of Battle: Pacific as "Panzer Corps set in the PTO." But it sounds like you think it's deeper than that.

TacticalWargames

Quote from: sandman2575 on May 21, 2014, 09:37:24 AM

Care to say more, Swatter? In my own mind, I've kind of dismissed Order of Battle: Pacific as "Panzer Corps set in the PTO." But it sounds like you think it's deeper than that.

Me too..seems a fair few recent games coming out by Matrix are bordering on PC clones..or appear to be anyway. As I'm not at all keen on the rock paper scissor mechanic of Panzer General type games I keeping clear of the games that seem to look like it..the Warhammer game is another one. I'd rather they had used say Battle Academy 2 engine for the Warhammer game than the PC engine.

SgtRock

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 20, 2014, 10:39:45 PM
BBMike--- The Gold Box series was SSI's RPG with TSR to do AD&D. Confused yet? From way back in the 80's time period when everything had a lot of letters in it's name. Did that help clear it up any? :coolsmiley:

Last I heard, was some one (Hasbro?) bought what was left of SSI, owns all the old titles but, never did anything with them.

Surprised no one has tried to create/copy the Gold Box concept?

MengJiao

Quote from: sandman2575 on May 21, 2014, 09:37:24 AM

I looked at the screenshots and had to say hmmm...for there were odd things like messes of battleships and carrier from both sides sort of anchored more or less helter-skelter.  It certainly looked like Panzer Corps in the Ocean.

Gusington

I like the idea of Panzer Corps in the PTO...plus there are all the ships to utilize.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TacticalWargames

Oh and Combat Mission Black Sea if it comes this year.

bbmike

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 20, 2014, 10:39:45 PM

Ah, well more D&D can't be a bad thing either.  :)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak