Steam Summer Sales Begins - (June 19-30)

Started by Ian C, June 19, 2014, 12:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

having already agreed to get Mafia II before the sale (when it was 19.99) i can hardly turn down 4.99 now!!!

sold

the list of shame begins

i dont even want Far Cry III but its 3.00 man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bbmike

I'm seeing $7.49 for each of those?  ???
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

undercovergeek

Quote from: bbmike on June 19, 2014, 05:59:18 PM

youre using plastic money with no queens on tho are you not?

here - mafia 2 - £4.99, FC III - £3.75

bbmike

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 19, 2014, 06:00:50 PM
Quote from: bbmike on June 19, 2014, 05:59:18 PM

youre using plastic money with no queens on tho are you not?

here - mafia 2 - £4.99, FC III - £3.75

Ah, it's that darned revolution thing again!  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

undercovergeek

thats it!!

see your mistake there? you could have not rebelled and downloaded cheap steam games a bit later

patience!!

TheCommandTent

Quote from: bbmike on June 19, 2014, 05:18:25 PM
Well, I didn't last long. All of the Elemental: Fallen Enchantress DLC is on sale so I scooped it up.  :D

Does any of this DLC add much to the game or is it all fluff?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bbmike

I've heard the quest pack and the dead world pack are worth it but the others are mostly fluff. But just over $2 a pop I figure it's worth it.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Rayfer

Quote from: RooksBailey on June 19, 2014, 03:46:30 PM
I've already done pretty good even before the Steam sale began.  I got Gunpoint for $2.50 from Steam yesterday, and Shadowrun Returns for $5 on Gamer's Gate summer sale (I am loving that game so far).  For the Steam sale, I am eyeing State of Decay as I've heard good stuff about it.  Currently half off, but I think I can wait for something better.  :)

Agreed on Shadowrun...got for cheap in one of the earlier sales and played it through to the end. Quite an entertaining game.

W8taminute

I'm logging into STEAM now to check out the sale.  I won't be wearing my helmet either so if I catch something I accept full responsibility for my decision.   ;)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

I've been waiting for Divinity: Original Sin to be near release.  Now it is.. and 20% Off to boot.  So I leaped.

Toonces

Just FYI- more stuff is on sale than just wot is posted on the front page.  A lot of stuff is on sale for 50% off if you just search for it in the store.

Hope that helps.   O0
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bbmike

Quote from: Toonces on June 19, 2014, 08:11:17 PM
Just FYI- more stuff is on sale than just wot is posted on the front page.  A lot of stuff is on sale for 50% off if you just search for it in the store.

Hope that helps.   O0

No! Not helping! We are trying to SAVE money!  :D
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

RooksBailey

Quote from: bbmike on June 19, 2014, 08:40:17 PM

Hope that helps.   O0

No! Not helping! We are trying to SAVE money!  :D

LOL!
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Jarhead0331

Hope that helps.   O0

Will you please stop using the non-word "wot".  Thank you!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 19, 2014, 01:08:49 PM

Let me know what you think about PA. $24.99 is a great price for it now.

Your profile shows you already own PA. You might have asked me just because you like it and are curious about my findings, but just in case this is one of those 'I didn't realise I already owned it!'-cases, I'd thought to point it out to you. ;)

Haven't had time to play yet. Perhaps later today.

Also, I couldn't resist picking up Disciples 3: Ressurection for a few euro's. Supposedly this version has the expansion included and is rebalanced. It now gets pretty good reviews.

My Rome 2: Total War DLC is now complete as well. ;)

Hopefully Paradox will be featured in those crazy flash sales so I can top off my CK2 and EU4 DLC as well. Then I am done... promised!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."