New Football Game on Kickstarter

Started by 21sec, July 02, 2014, 09:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vyshka

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on July 03, 2014, 09:30:20 PM
Quote from: 21sec on July 02, 2014, 09:14:04 PM
Pretty far along, any football fan should consider backing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1085006236/dynasty-football?ref=nav_search

I'm a fan of 3-down football - I don't see anything there for me. Matrix had published MAXIMUM FOOTBALL a few years ago that let you select NFL, American College, or CFL (3-down). I'd love to see a program of high quality that included all those options. This doesn't appear to be it.

So I don't think it is accurate to say "any football fan" - in fact, "many" football fans would be disappointed.

Not to mention Maximum Football also had 3-D in-game action. Not saying the animations were stellar, or anything like, say, Madden quality, but still at least something above Xs and Os.
I'd rather see x's and o's than badly done 3D tbh
Alba gu' brath

KyzBP

Quote from: vyshka on July 03, 2014, 10:13:08 PM
Just bring back Front Page Sports Football already!

I would just come back as a First Person Shooter.

Nefaro

I'm a fan of 3-down football - I don't see anything there for me.

Meh.  Freakin' Canuckistanis!  ::)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 04, 2014, 12:38:35 AM

I'm a fan of 3-down football - I don't see anything there for me. Matrix had published MAXIMUM FOOTBALL a few years ago that let you select NFL, American College, or CFL (3-down). I'd love to see a program of high quality that included all those options. This doesn't appear to be it.

So I don't think it is accurate to say "any football fan" - in fact, "many" football fans would be disappointed.

Not to mention Maximum Football also had 3-D in-game action. Not saying the animations were stellar, or anything like, say, Madden quality, but still at least something above Xs and Os.

Me too...I am actually fine with x and o presentation in these type of games.  Not sure if you all remember XOR football from the past, but I loved that game.  Espn used to use it to determine who had the best teams of all time.  If I am looking for big time graphics, I'll play madden football.

There was a game few years back that tried to combine management and graphics called head coach football, but it pretty much flopped and they gave up on it.  For some reason it appears a developer can only either create great graphics or good management, they can't do both:)

So I have no issue with x and o presentation if the management side is well done.

vyshka

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 04, 2014, 06:15:25 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 04, 2014, 12:38:35 AM

Me too...I am actually fine with x and o presentation in these type of games.  Not sure if you all remember XOR football from the past, but I loved that game.  Espn used to use it to determine who had the best teams of all time.  If I am looking for big time graphics, I'll play madden football.

There was a game few years back that tried to combine management and graphics called head coach football, but it pretty much flopped and they gave up on it.  For some reason it appears a developer can only either create great graphics or good management, they can't do both:)

So I have no issue with x and o presentation if the management side is well done.

It is definitely what doomed Front Page Sports. Sierra made them ship when the 3d wasn't ready, and it was so broken they ended up recalling it from stores. *shakes fist at the corpse of Sierra*

Grim.Reaper

Looks like the developer will start work on this again...no real details or time line yet..kind of disappeared after kickstarter didn't work out.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=729714857070869&tsid=0.42565407301299274&source=typeahead

21sec

There has been some work done since the Kickstarter campaign. We've added the Read/Option to the game, worked on some squashing some bugs, and improving the game's appearance. We recently decided to devote more time to the project, including an active role in demonstrating the progress as it is made. Beyond that we'll see how things pan out.

Nefaro