JudgeDredd

Has to be Rabbit in Medal of Honour
Alba gu' brath

KyzBP

bboyer66

Red Dead Redemption:
John Marston 

JasonPratt

^^ Have to admit, that one's pretty tough.

Though partly offset by him rising from the grave later to become a bad-ass anti-zombie zombie of vengeance riding one of the horses of the apocalypse (preferably the one that sets zombies on fire.)

Um, spoiler.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

Quote from: bboyer66 on July 24, 2014, 04:54:18 PM
Red Dead Redemption:
John Marston

This one really upset me as well when I saw the cutscene. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

FarAway Sooner

I'm going back to the 1988 classic, Starflight.

It's realizing that the Galactic Scourge, the expanding ring of supernovae that have been chasing aliens outward in the Milky Way for the last 2000 years, was in fact triggered by the Elerians.  Yup, the geographically-slow-moving, exquisitely intelligent, silicon-based life forms that I've been unknowingly using (and enthusiastically selling) for most of the game as very high-priced spaceship fuel.

Talk about a buzzkill for the great wealth and super-powerful ship that I'd been building over the course of the game...

Rayfer

In my very first play through of Baldurs Gate when it first came out, I kept Jaheira and her husband Kahlid in my party through the entire game. It was sad to see Kahlid dead at the very start of Baldurs Gate 2.

JasonPratt

Good call Rayf! -- and it has proportionate plot importance, too.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

Anderson at the end of Mass Effect 3. Realizing there was no way he didn't die, no matter what you did, really pissed me off.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Rayfer

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 25, 2014, 08:59:19 PM
Good call Rayf! -- and it has proportionate plot importance, too.

I always thought....why couldn't it have been Boo?

Sir Slash

No, Rayfer. Boo was the Bomb. Kahlid was the annoying one though a good fighter. Mysteries of Westgate has a quest line that will take you back. Speak to the "Shady Huckster" on the street and for 5 gold, he'll tell you a tale about the famous Rashmon Ranger, Minx and his pet space hamster, Bloo. After the story, he offers to sell you the actual Bloo for 10 gold. Check in his basket and you'll find street rats and one real hamster. Talk him into selling you the hamster and you will have Reet. Not Boo or Bloo but he looks just like Boo from Baldurs Gate. You can interact with him in your inventory and he opens up a new quest to defeat the ultimate threat to Rodent-kind, The Brotherhood of the Ferret. It's a short but very cleverly written quest.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Mirth I agree, Anderson's death in ME3 was sad as well.  Especially since he always believed in Shepard right from the get go.  His constant support both morally and physically throughout the whole series is touching.  His death at the end is very painful. 

Not as painful as the ending to the whole series though.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Rayfer

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 26, 2014, 09:37:42 AM
No, Rayfer. Boo was the Bomb. Kahlid was the annoying one though a good fighter. Mysteries of Westgate has a quest line that will take you back. Speak to the "Shady Huckster" on the street and for 5 gold, he'll tell you a tale about the famous Rashmon Ranger, Minx and his pet space hamster, Bloo. After the story, he offers to sell you the actual Bloo for 10 gold. Check in his basket and you'll find street rats and one real hamster. Talk him into selling you the hamster and you will have Reet. Not Boo or Bloo but he looks just like Boo from Baldurs Gate. You can interact with him in your inventory and he opens up a new quest to defeat the ultimate threat to Rodent-kind, The Brotherhood of the Ferret. It's a short but very cleverly written quest.

Interesting....I never played Mysteries of Westgate...is it a NWN's expansion?  I just grew tired of the "Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes" shouts during battles. But all in all, there was some great, memorable gaming to be had.

Sir Slash

Mysteries of Westgate is a user-made mod for NWN2. Designed for lower level characters so no Demon Lords or Dragons. Pretty good so far that I've played. In Baldurs Gate 2, Minsc had some new lines that were pretty good as I remember along with a new ability to search or go stealth I think. I loved the little Elf Mage/Cleric as she could cast every spell in the game. There's a BG2 version of NWN2 in the works but I haven't heard anything about it in awhile.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

I'm going with Gygax.  For all the reasons previously stated.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob