The Uber Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Thread!

Started by Lord Zimoa, November 06, 2014, 11:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Zimoa

SLIT_WH40KA_MKTG_Backgkround_Hive

After a period of waiting, we are finally ready to share with you that the highly anticipated Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon is releasing on the 26th of this month!

With the beta well underway, we are currently making the final changes to the game based on community feedback. Developed by Flashback Studio and the Lordz Games Studio, Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon is designed to bring the Warhammer 40,0000 universe to life in a deep and rewarding strategy gaming experience.

In "Armageddon", you will be able to take part in the brutal second war for the planet in a fully narrated campaign, or one of the many multiplayer skirmish challenges. Fans will finally be able to lead the Imperial forces of the Armageddon Steel Legion and Space Marines from a variety of Chapters against the Ork invasion through over 30 scenarios, on the hostile terrain of the planet and its gigantic Hive Cities.

Click here to find out more on Warhammer: 40,000: Armageddon.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

tgb

Grimnirsson

It seems so and I am underwhelmed by the gfx...these little men look like...I dunno...not like SM or brutish Orcs. There might still be a good game in there, but the pics don't make me grab my CC.  ???
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Martok

That is some seriously awesome artwork.  It alone almost makes me want to get this game. 

So for those of us who've not played Panzer Corps, and/or have an at least-mild interest in the 40k lore, will I likely want to pick this up? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

LongBlade

Quote from: Martok on November 06, 2014, 05:02:57 PM
So for those of us who've not played Panzer Corps, and/or have an at least-mild interest in the 40k lore, will I likely want to pick this up?

Probably.

Panzer Corps is a good game. Very light, but it has sufficient unit diversity that you'll probably like it with a WH40K skin. It won't play like the minis game, but that's probably a huge positive.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Pinetree

Quote from: Martok on November 06, 2014, 05:02:57 PM
That is some seriously awesome artwork. ..[snip]...

It just looks a gothic version of Minas Tirith to me. It could almost be a still from LOTR:ROTK..
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Pinetree

I must say, I'm feeling pretty underwhelmed about this game, a reskinned Panzer Corps doesn't tickle my fancy at all. They should plonk all those lovely 3-d models they made for the 2-d counters into the Battle Academy engine as I think that would be the better fit. A 3-d Final Liberation would be really cool..
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

It is extremely painful to admit this, but I have a bad feeling that this game is going to be a disappointment. The screenshots just do not look very enticing. The scale is extremely off. Giant infantry models with tiny tanks and everything looks awkward with the backdrop of the terrain, which is also off scale. It does little to capture the vast scale of the Armageddon wars. The screenshots should conjure images of epic proportions.  They don't.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Cyrano

I feel like Cassandra on this one.

I said it at the time it was announced and I'll say it now:  a PC re-skin is a disappointment and a poor use of one of my favorite nom-historical IPs.

I suppose WH40K might make sense at something other than the tactical level, but I've never been able to figure out why you'd bother.  The glory has always been the toys an the mythos.

Lost opportunity, I think me.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
8/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Bison

Quote from: Cyrano on November 06, 2014, 11:47:36 PM
I feel like Cassandra on this one.

You got licked by snakes in a temple while sleeping and now have the power of prophesy?

Nefaro

We still wantss a new Chaos Gate.  X-Com style.  Yesss.

MikeGER

Lord Zimoa , i am missing a whole bunch of teasing gameplay videos to already get released dropje voor dropje to show the kwaliteit of the new game to the public so close to the relase date ?

(PS: to sad you didn't made it to the Spiel14. would have liked to chat about this game) 

jomni