The Uber Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Thread!

Started by Lord Zimoa, November 06, 2014, 11:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on November 09, 2014, 03:24:12 PM
Is this thread going to turn into a TW-ish thread like those of olde?

.. from the days of yore.

Cyrano

...sung of by ancient bards...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Lord Zimoa

Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon trailer revealed!

Get ready to fight for the planet of Armageddon. Follow closely the words of the Imperial Inquisitor Horst. In his transmission, he introduces you to the Warhammer 40,000 universe and the mineral-rich planet of Armageddon. This is indeed a well protected planet, but how will the Steel Legion fare against a massive Ork invasion?

Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon is releasing next week on the 26th of November.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-xdpyoYT7I&list=UU-ersowRelLzi6fSRfXodyQ

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Lord Zimoa

Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon is Gold! Releasing in 5 days...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntG50eXbBtc

Grimnirsson

The trailer says nothing actually about the game, just a few images and some narrative, no ingame stuff, not very convincing...

And the 'preview' is not much better, description how the most basic features of any Panzer Corps game work...I dunno, nothing so far really makes me want to buy this game although I'm a huge W40k fan...
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Lord Zimoa

Because the gameplay trailer will include the gameplay. Coming soon!

We had to get the final impact explosions in to record that and we only integrated them a couple of days ago

End not everybody does know PzC or hexbased turnbased wargames, so in this regard I think it is an informative article, if you are a WH 40K fan and you liked PzC... well than this is a no-brainer.

Many aspects are different and changed, a lot of new game features introduced, in fact it is a whole new game engine underneath compared to good old PzC, but whatever I say: Grognards will keep on grumbling, so I let the game speak for itself... we worked on this with love and zeal the last two years and I hope it will show.

JasonPratt

That... voiceover explaining the game premise could have been better. A lot better. Ow.

Sounded like Terence Howard trying to play Rhodes (pre-War Machine) in the first Iron Man movie, but worse.

Keeping in mind, I'm hoping for good things for the game. (Not all Grogs grumble against a PG engine; though some who like PG mechanics don't think it will work well with the property. I'm reserving judgment on that until I see more of it or play a demo.)

I'm glad it has gone gold, and I'm looking forward to the gameplay trailer. I sincerely hope that voice won't be giving mission briefings, though.

Here's LZ's next posted trailer, converted to embedding code:

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Uh.

Zimoa? Did you mean to link to THAT video as the gold release promo???  ??? ???

Cyrano

Check with me next time fellahs.

This is a pretty huge disappointment.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

MikeGER

beside all the marktings department count down to release with meaningless promotion mumbo jumbo videos  :tickedoff:

zher is no hurry! no need to preorder, no need for a release day impulse buy    ...sooner or later they have to let the (Schrödinger)Cat out of the bag --- finally!,  and we all see if its alive or dead
AARs, playthrough videos and real reviews will surface at YT.

and if its only medicore on personal rating ?
well, its on Steam, so there will be huge discounts n sales every now and then in the future