Apollo4X - A Different Take On The SF TBS

Started by tgb, November 06, 2014, 05:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgb

I stumbled across this on Gamersgate today and it caught my eye.  A 4X game with an emphasis on trade and economics.  There are lots of videos on Youtube, including one from Spacegame Junkie.

The version for sale is called an Alpha, but it seems pretty feature complete.  I like it because it's not your typical MOO clone.  I'll probably check it out over the weekend despite my promises to myself of "no more early access".

tgb

New version coming out today or tomorrow.

QuoteAdditions since version 0.14

>> City State Additions:

* Free York
** Trade with a centaur colony (Smuggling)

* Oligarch Dynasty
** +30 Capital per turn passive bonus
** Reroll corporate list
** Remove corporate demand from colony

* Logopolis
** Travel via wormholes
(Travel to a wormhole, exit any other wormhole)

>> Game Feature Additions:

* Sounds! Most UI interactions have nice sound effects now.
* 2D / 3D map option on "new game settings" screen. 2D mode makes the map flat by making Z coordinates of all planets zero.
* Added wormholes to map. Travel between them with Logopolis ability.

>> UI changes:

* Beautification of most of the UI elements. Redrew slide-out panels and buttons.
* Colony list panel now functional to select colony to focus camera on.
* Colony list panel now displays:
Demands, Supplies, Fleet, Cities, Net Nodes.
* Added 2D option to game start options screen.

>> Fixes
* Changed the map creation alogithm to account for 2D maps.
* Canceling some things wasn't refunding spent costs.
* Killed two bugs that would hang the combat gameplay.

2-D map!  The 3-D map looks good but is tough to navigate, and unnecessary for what is essentially a board game.

Anguille

steve58

...an early preview from Spacesector.

I've been keeping an eye on this one...still not sure I want to open my wallet for it...a demo would be nice.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bbmike

Logopolis? That's where the Fourth Doctor died!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak